RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing @ Lauderdale Canal Sailing & Boating @ Lauderdale Canal 2020 PARTY DAY AT THE CANAL – 6th June 2020

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

BEAUTIFUL day  light winds cold breeze narh  freezin  wind  but soooo nice to be on the deck with other freezin mates all huddling together to stay warm whilst sailing the smooth calm waters of lauderdale canal  oops sorry most of us were sailing one was not he was on the mud flats   I wont say who it was just to say moose was there for quite a time  ohh buggar I told you  sorry MR Moose  bulldog had a good day (RON B )  PETE  also was flashin pink bits around  as I said accidentally the moose  even with his plastered leg  from his toes to his pecker in solid rock hard plaster was sailing as peg leg moose showing us were the low tide mark was   Mr predator sailed quite effortlessly with the big white boat’y thing… just cruisin    an then there me  tearing up an down the canal leaving a wake that you could surf on Top Gun  UNCLE G came to visit leaving the wheel chair mob to form a daises chain and pull them self’s out of the sand UNCLE  G said they let some air out of the tires hoping to get better traction on the sand ( didn’t work )  it was noted by our resident perver  (moose) several chickie babes walkin the path I only looked at em because the moose threatened to thump me if I didn’t look too  At about 12ish we retired to the far end of the canal for our traditional BBQ …THREE in total enjoyed our shin dig  the BBQ’s were not working again but as before we were prepared ALL in all a good day even with the threatened violence

yes the Moose had a great day happily sailing and enjoying the company of fellow sailors And the usual fibbers session at The B>B>Q Hope to enjoy many more

And thank you Mike for your kind words

WELL WHAT ABOUT MY NICE WORDS…….  JUST BECAUSE PREDATOR DID A VIDEO ON YOUR BOAT

“And thank you Mike for your kind words”

As we don’t need two separate topics for the day & Kermit has far more content than I, Ill move my post to this one.

Moose’s Triumphant Return to the Canal

Well it has been a long time coming and over the months we have seen many appearances of the Moose imposter (being Kermit the Frog in disguise) but today we were treated to the triumphant return to the fold of the genuine one and only Mr Moose himself. No imposter this time, the genuine article.

Moose has been absent from both RC sailing & flying for many months due to some ongoing medical conditions but today he was back & raring to go. I reckon we will see him at flying next time out as well.

We had five hardy skippers braving the chilly morning today, Moose, Kermit, Pete, RonB & yours truly and once the sun came out it was quite a pleasant day although with only light to very light winds (more suited to flying) . We also had an impromptu visit from Uncle G on his way home from hanging out with the Marine Modellers group @ the far end of the canal.

We sailed 65’s & 95’s and of course the Sydney 36 and toughed it out till around 11:45 then finished up early for the customary BBQ lunch.

The Council have not yet seen fit to reactivate the electric BBQ’s at the site but luckily Kermit & I both had our twin burner portable gas BBQ’s at hand so no one went hungry.

Overall another fine day enjoyed with friends doing what we enjoy best, nothing.

Great to have you back Moose, hope your health luck is better for the latter 6 months of the year than it was for the former.

SORRY FELLAS I MADE A BOO BOO i said three for the BBQ I meant three an a half as i’m a small buggar

“small buggar” is that some NEW breed of frog?

I could find reference to a “Lumo Buggar” but not a “Small Buggar”

yes predator  nearly extinct  rare  fragile  loves mooses

From that pic it looks like the “Small Buggar” has been enjoying far too much moose !

Great to be sailing the Canal again with the usual suspects.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.