RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2019 Permanent Buoy Placement

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

It has been generally agreed that a set of permanent buoys at Puddleduck Vineyard pond will facilitate easier raceday setups and breakdowns. It will also permit more sailing days and more classes to be sailed on days other than the Tuesdays currently scheduled.

Puddleduck management have agreed to this with the proviso that all buoys be white rather than coloured as they are now.

On Wednesday 24th of July 2019 new white buoys were purchased with RC Toys Tasmania funds and assembled by Graeme Cooksey and Col Johnson.

The new buoys are plain white without numbers and in addition to the now standard configuration, there is to be one fixed start buoy and another that is moveable to allow alignment in different wind directions. The control line for this buoy will be attached to the jetty for easy adjustment.

It is intended to install this new arrangement on Friday 26th July 2019 starting 10am at the pond.

All volunteers are welcome to help with the sighting and placement of this upgrade so if you have a few minutes to spare please come along. I believe an unofficial sail is on the cards too once the new buoys are in place, followed by coffee of course!!

I will see you at 10.00am

I will be there

LONG STANDING meetings on Friday’s  so cant come along sorry

Sorry, tied up today.

Hope it all goes well and works as anticipated.

Thankfully the placement of the new permanent buoys all turned out well today. Gerald, Ricky, Justin, Ron, Paul and I positioned the new permanent buoys without any problems. A number of that crew brought their boats along to try it out when we had finished and the consensus was that it is a success. Don’s timing was immaculate, turning up just in time for coffee and a sail afterwards

The moveable start buoy seemed to work well and is pretty close to its ideal positioning. There may be a need to tweak the positions later on once we know if that is required. Doing so it pretty painless and should only take a few minutes with the dinghy.

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement, now let’s get sailing!! ⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️

Three men in a boat

YABBI HUNTING?

With the permanent buoy  set up it now feels like  this is our pond  that’s the feeling I get from this momentous  occasion   ta dar  ( thats a trumpet call )  YAHOOO   THAT’S A CROWD OF PEOPLE SHOUTING    KNEEE DEEEP  GUESS THAT ONE

Couple more pics from the Buoy Band.

SO THE FELLA AT THE SHARP END……….. IS HE KEEPING A LOOK OUT FOR THE FROG     GOOD MOVE

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.