RC BOATING SCALE BOATS Boating Scale Boats Electric Playing With Boats in the Canal, 280th Jan, 2023

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Warm, cloudy and a low tide.

Sorry about the title, It’s not the 280th of Jan.

We had “Wicky” turn up with his almost completed wooden IOM. Also had a visit from “Young” Dave with his partially built tug with his homemade drives now fitted.

The drives are machined out of stainless steel and use 4″ angle grinder gears.

We did a lot of talking and not much boating, so only a short video today,

TODAY WE WELCOMED BACK OUR GEORGIE from a two week tour of new zeeelund  in aus that’s new Zealand  its nice to have a touch of class back in out group   captn Pugwash has brought a  boaty thing for retrieval of grounded yachts and tested it today  all went well  Four skippers sailed in often weird winds  so that proved interesting BUT AS SEASONED SAILORS …NOT A PROBLEM   we also had the pleasure of dinning with the wheel chair mob minus their wheel chairs and without their leader THE SINKER so it was a pleasant time with beautiful  women and scruffy old geriatrics  all up a nice day

Kermit, I noticed that our group welcomed you warmly with open arms at the barbecue, but when you went over to your small group, the “touch of class” gave you a rude gesture with her finger.

Please explain!

Dear MR  Sinker  the Maori sign for I love you is the finger   unfortunately in OZ we have basterized  it into up yours  in my intro I explained Georgie has just returned from kiwi land thus expressing her feeling’s through kiwi custom  I trust this explanation has waylaid you fears about Georgie’s finger ……………happy now

Thank you for clarifying that, Kermit, but remember you are always welcome to have lunch with the Marine Modellers.

dito on that Mr sinker

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.