RC BOATING SCALE BOATS Boating Scale Boats Electric Playing With Boats in the Canal, 28th Oct 2023

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Another top day for playing with boats. Medium tide, sunny, not too much wind.

We had a great turnout from the Marine Modellers today, and the Bloaters had a few up there as well.

Kermit came down our end again to try and join our group.

A new member turned up today with something very different. A model of his father’s racing boat “Vicki” from 1956.

The model is fitted with a handmade four-cylinder four stroke side valve engine with electric start.

The scale throttle lever and steering wheel all moved as the real boat.

This was the first time it had run in open water, and still needs some tuning of the propeller and timing etc.

Then it was off to the barbecue when we finished sailing.

I was thinkin  …should I tell why I dont have a video up or not  arhh what the heck  the reason is I forgot to put the sd card in the camera  so all day I was filming for nort nunna  zip stuff all    … buggar  so there Now its your turn  poke fun    why not if it was you I would…………………………………………………just sayn

Thats a shame Kermit, I was looking forward to watching another one of your excellent video’s.

P.S. Here is a video that might be helpful for all your skippers, so they don’t get caught up on the buoys so often. (and need rescuing by a Marine Modeller)

We  the floaters group thank the honerable sinker for this enlighting video  but BUT as gentlemen sailors we have no problems with crowding at the bouys /girls /  No point in yelling starboard port etc as it doesnt apply to us  for we are free of that nonsence because our type of saiing requires only one thing.. FUN .and common sence . to brake that word down means humour joy something the serious sailors forget  for them it means win at all costs  narhhhh    some people have to have rules after all we live by tules all the time  but for fun  you really need to put that aside an enjoy the day what ever   so ends my explanation on free sailing…………………………………………………………………………….just sayn    ps the line on the bouy /girl is the problem  nothing else …ok 👍

Well,well Kermit the forgetfull  frog……..ha ha

Just sayn……

Im counting my friends so far zero zap ….at least I havent lost any ………………………………………………….just sayn

ARHHHHH   bless the sinker

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.