RC AIRCRAFT BUILDS Electric Powered Predators final build for 2021

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

After a very successful FPV flight with the 3metre Fox glider a couple of weeks ago it got me motivated to get some more of my FPV planes airborne once again.

The final build/rebuild for 2021 is the 2metre “Prowler” Sky Climber Custom.

This plane flies beautifully but I was never too happy with the original pan/tilt gimbal as it had a tendency to move around too much at higher speed or on windy days.

Original Pan/Tilt gimbal

To that end I’ve stripped it down once again and am in the process of fitting one of my redesigned “Low Profile” pan/tilt gimbals.  At this stage I’ll refit the Feiyu Tech FY-41 AP Lite Flight controller rather than upgrade to the newer Matech FC F411 WSE system.

Electronics & Gimbal removed

Straight off the printer (needs a little cleaning up)

More to follow, should be back together today & ready to fly on Friday.

Thought it was about time I got back in to FPV flying again.

Its been a long time between flights with the “Prowler” but after cleaning the dust & cobwebs (take note Scott) off I decided to remove the FY-41AP autopilot & replace it with the much smaller (and far more featured) MATEK FC 411-WTE running iNav.

As the Prowler already had the slimline Pan/Tilt gimbal & 600mw VTX fitted, the upgrade was relatively straight forward.

Given that the iNav system is way smaller there was no issue fitting it where the old system came out of.

I think it all checks out Ok (but it’s easy to miss something in the iNav setup) so I guess Wednesday will be the test.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.