RC AIRCRAFT BUILDS Electric Powered Probably my final build (well rebuild actually) for 2023

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

A few days ago at flying our good mate Kermit Le Frog was feeling generous (as he often does) & gave me one of his collection of RC planes that had been hanging around in his shed for a rather long time.

Took a while to scrub all the dirt & fly poop from it but once finished it at least looked promising. It also needed some minor epoxy repairs on the engine cowling.

I had already decided to scrap one of my 3D printed planes (the Wolf glider) as it was in rather poor condition (although still flying) after a mishap with my grandson & his pedal car. Decided to use the Rx and FC from the Wolf and fit into the new plane which I finally finished off today.

The new one is a 1015 mm DHC-2 Beaver in the “Harbour Air” livery.

Even with a 3S 2200 LiPo fitted up front as far as it will go it appears slightly tail heavy so I’ll bring some lead just in case.

It still needs a little work but should be good enough for it’s Maiden Flight on Friday.

If it flies ok I will cut the front section out and install a dummy 3D printed rotary engine & fit a 3 blade prop to make it look a bit more authentic.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.