RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 Puddleduck Vineyard Christmas Sail

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Magnificent weather for this year’s Christmas sail but just not enough wind.

We had a wide and varied fleet and decided that each race would be off scratch as it would have been too hard to work out handicaps for the different sized boats.

Please feel free if you would like to add to today’s sailing fun.

Here is the scoresheet from today but it is more for completeness rather than a record of the sailing results.

Hopefully we will have some quality video from our videographers today.

Another fine day of sailing @ the Duck. It is a real shame you couldn’t make it today Admiral but thanks for organising it anyway.

The BBQ went off a treat as well & was enjoyed y all that attended.

As can be seen in the video, just to even things up a bit, the “Big” boats (Kermit’s A-class “Blak Pekka” and my pretend IOM “Imposter”) sailed the full course around all buoys 1,2,3,4,5,6, finish x 2 while the DF65/RG65 fleet sailed a much shortened course 1, 3, 5, finish x 2.

Eventually I should have 3 videos from today, just taking a little while to edit & upload the 4K footage.

Race 2 is edited fixed point footage from the onboard Insta 360 camera.

Race 3 is unedited 360 degree footage so you can move the camera view through full 360 degrees while you watch.

Thank you Mike.

I look forward to 360 degree video footage 🙂

Great to see the ‘duckers out for the last sail for 2022. Great also that the video men were there to capture the occasion. Was very sad not to be there with you, but happy for everyone who came out to enjoy the day just the same. It’s been an interesting year and one we have enjoyed fully at our fantastic venue. Many of us have suffered the inconvenience of medical issues over this period from time to time but have happily returned to da Duck for the good companionship and great sailing that we enjoy weekly.
      I wish everyone reading this a Merry Christmas and good health for this time and the coming year ahead.
      I look forward to rejoining the fray on Tuesday 3rd of January 2023.
      Admiral

Thanks Col, Hope to see you in the New Year back sailing @ The Duck.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all my Puddle duck Friends. Hope to see a lot more of you in the new year.

Peter and Veronica

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.