RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 02/05/2023

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

There was not much more than a whisper of wind this morning at Puddleduck Vineyard but definitely a whisper – perhaps 2 – 4 knots – and it did maintain itself throughout the morning so we were able to complete 7 races.

There was some very close racing too, and honours well shared around with no-one getting a handicap of above 20 seconds today.

With 7 races completed today just one discard was allowed.

Third place overall went to Bodge with two race wins in the total. In race no. 6 Bodge was so far in front, Matty who came in second, was expecting the victory fanfare and about to grab the pen for duties. He couldn’t work out what Bodge was doing holding  the pen!

I managed second today with lots of 3rd places in my tally. That’s what I call an excellent display of handicap management.

The invincible Mat Gray just pipped me by one point taking the overall honours for the day. Well done Mat.

Great chat over coffee as usual.

John S

Another great summary Shorty, however I do need to mention that Gadget had the only walk of shame today, together with a row of the dinghy to retrieve his boat that was nicely moored up against buoy one in R4. This obstacle made rounding buoy 1 for the rest of us a little more challenging 😂

NO BODGE  ..No walk of shame  its called ROW OF SHAME  IM told that MR Gadget was in difficulties  an decided to place himself out of harms way by parking on the bouy    girl   ( lets not be sextist  about the floaty thing  )  so in fact he did for all the fine young lads /girls a service  A TRUE gentleman’s sailor by removing a floating obstacle ie himself  from the race path  …………………………………………….just sayn

Hat cam footage of race 5.

This is the one where Bodge could have gone out to lunch when he finished waiting for all of us to catch up!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.