RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2018 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 04'12'18

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 04.11.’18

DF’s @ the Duck

Another cracking day @ the ‘Duck today with eight skippers starting in the light WSW breezes that held up pretty much for all eight races completed.

Some very close, spirited racing and equally close finishes were the norm with The A Rigged DF95’s all getting a good workout.

Kermit’s mean green machine spent a lot of time at the pointy end today recording two wins, a second and a third. The woop and holler from Kermit as he crossed the line could be heard in Richmond!

Geoff also sailed well and was equal with Kermit in raw points heading into the last race, with only his DNS costing him a possible second place.

John H is still finding his feet with Radio Sailing and today he sailed brother Mike’s ‘Abigail’ #96 to join in the fun.

Ron spent time at the pointy end in several races today, his best result a third in race seven.

New to the merry men of RCToys, Dave C has just bought Tony Brewers 95’ #80 and sailed it at Puddleduck for the first time today.

I had my good mates Scott and Sonja from WA with me today and for races two to seven Scott sailed my Red Devil #72. This was his first time Radio Sailing and he went very well, recording a second and a third in races two and four respectively.

Dave guided his ‘Flying Custard’ to one win and two seconds over the eight race program. Always at the pointy end and well tuned for the conditions he did well recording fourth overall.

Mike was our PRO and photographer today and he did an excellent job on both. Thank you.

There was some great sailing today but it was Pete who dominated in a skilful display that earned him a well deserved first place overall. This coming as it did after three firsts, two seconds and a third.

After 8 races with two drops the final points were:

John on 38 points, Dave C on 32, Ron on 29, Scott (Col) on 19, Dave W on 17, Geoff on 16, Kermit on 15 and Pete on 11 points.

Thank you everyone for another great day’s sailing fun @ the Duck. Next week we are back and sailing the mighty pocket rocket, DF65’s.

Hope to see you all there.

For more pics from today click this link

Video from Race 1 (Scratch Start)

Video from Race 2 (Handicap Start)

Video from Race 3 (Handicap Start)

Excellent photos and video Mike. Well done.

Thanks Col, another great day @ the Duck, enjoyed by all.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.