RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2024 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 05/03/24 DF95

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

A cool morning at Puddleduck evolved into a warm day with a North-Wester of about 5 knots to keep the boats moving. Only eight skippers contested today’s racing which might have been due to the exhaustion effects of Saturday’s Peter Smith Memorial Regatta.  My son Jack who is supporting me at home at the moment took the PRO’s chair and did the scoring and all for the price of a coffee. Thank you Jack.

Bodge generously shared his boat with a couple of visitors – Rod and Don. Both Rod and Don are purchasing DF65’s and have some attachment to the DF65 group that has recently started at the DSS yacht club. I have heard that while the DSS is new to radio sailing they have more that a dozen racing already. If all these skippers find their way to out to Puddleduck then either we will need to make the dam bigger or have another group on another day! Never-the-less it’s a good problem to have. The sport of radio sailing is definitely healthy. Great to meet you today Rod and Don!

One feature of the day’s racing was that all boats finished all races and the rescue dinghy was left un-used. Although, – there was one skipper (remaining nameless) who managed to snare two buoys and the fountain.

Martin Svensen scores the honourable mention of the day with two race wins,  a 2nd and a 3rd on his card and was sailing with good speed and keeping his boat well out of trouble.

I managed third place today with a bit of a mixed performance. Definitely thankful for the discard system.

Second was taken by Henry Finnis. This was Henry’s best result to date and it included three race wins with back-to-back wins in the last two races. Henry was celebrating the birth of his first Grandchild this week too. So double congratulations to you Henry!

Today’s winner was that Smiling Assassin, Phil Turnbull. Phil was in a class of his own today and finished with all 1st and 2nd places after taking the discards out. This performance follows a second overall in the weekend’s Peter Smith Memorial Regatta. Phil is a skipper in form!

Shorty

Congratulations Phil (aka TSA), as Shorty says, you are hitting great form right now.
      Good write up as always too Shorty. The PSM races on Saturday were indeed exhausting!!

Nice write up Shorty 👍

Not bad for a leaky old boat!! Welcome back Shorty!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.