RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2021 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 09/02/2021

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Eight jolly skippers turned up for a little DF95 fun today and were not disappointed. Though the sky was overcast it didn’t get chilly until packup time and apart from some strange shifts and holes at the first windward mark, the breeze held reasonably steady from the SSE.

A discussion on handicaps and conditions followed the briefing and all were in agreement that the new system was put aside in preference to the old 15,10 & 5 one. It was agreed that on any given day and weather condition, it was the fairest of the two.

John #168 had a smile that wouldn’t quit today, enjoying his new boat and learning the ropes. Going well.

Bit of a mixed day for our Geoff #79. Some  buoy trouble at #4, an outright victory in race 4 and a DNF in 6.

Shorty aka John #74 was very consistent today sailing well and claiming three threes and four fours.

A Kangaroo day for the Admiral #72. Missing buoys or getting snagged on them  offset any good score his outright victory in race 6 might have brought.

A good consistent day for Phil # 261 also. The smiling assassin racked up four podiums and four fours and was a constant presence at the pointy end.

The Trout #92 came out of the blocks on fire, blitzing the first two races by easy margins. Though he still racked up five podium places out of the eight sailed, the competition was hot and Duck Luck never far away for anyone.

The biggest story of the year so far was the dash shown today by our amphibious member, the esteemed Sir Kermit. Closing out the morning with two outright victories K was greased lightening in clear air, his competitive racing taking everyone by surprise.

Three second places, a third and two outright victories were enough to to put our Pete #827 over the line. Even a 55 second handicap wasn’t enough to slow the juggernaut down. A fantastic display of competitive, consistent sailing has seen  Pete be our Champion of the day. Congratulations Pete, welcome back to the winners circle!

After eight races with one drop the final scores were:-

John M on 43 points, Geoff on 32, John S on 27, Col on 24, Phil T on 22, Kermit on 22, Trout on 18 and our winner today Pete on just 15 points.

Thanks everyone for coming along and making it a crackin’ day @ da Duck. We rotated the scoring duties today and it worked well. Special mention to Kermit for his pics and vids.

VERY IMPORTANT

The Peter Smith Memorial Regatta will now be held at Puddleduck on the Sunday 7th of March 2021. Not as previously  advertised on Saturday 6th of March.

Please pass this on to any who would like to join in the fun

ONE MORE AN A IDDIE BIT

I MORE

Gee Kermit what is happening, I don’t turn up for a couple of weeks and here you are on the podium in third place. Just what has come over the coveted Tail End Charlie ? Well done Mr Frog.

As for the handicap system, what happened Col. Took too much effort to manage eh.

Personally I think the return to the old on the day 15, 10, 5 will make most of the skippers very happy.

I have acquired a replacement set of A+ sails for Illusion, (thanks to Ron B) to replace the old ones that have been split around the battens for several months, so I will make a concerted effort to get them fitted & return to regular sailing hopefully from next Tuesday.

don’t tell anyone pred but I had some one else sail my boat  NO ONE NOTICED

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.