RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 09/08/2022

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

It was a lovely crisp morning at the Vineyard – only 5 degrees but a fully blue sky and a light northerly of 0 – 5 knots which stayed with us all morning. While there were a few calm spots they were not big enough enough to stop the racing – in all a great morning for racing DF95’s. Ten skippers fronted this morning.

It was great to welcome Lisa back today. While she is a regular with the DF 65 group she only rarely gets to the 95 meetings. Lisa saved her best till last with a hands down win in the last race.

Also good to see Pete Sylvester today. Pete is hoping for more regular sailing in the coming weeks. There is no mistaking that lurid orange hull!

On a day where ‘Duck-Luck’ played its role most skippers were fortunate enough to reach the podium at some stage.

The tight tally table illustrated how competitive racing was today. Individual performances like that of Don MacCleod showed this too. Don finished with a race win, a second, and two third placings in his tally but still only made 6th overall today.

Another good performance today was that of Ron Cullen who has been building week by week and finished 4th overall today.

The podium winners today were only separated by 2 pts with Phil Turnbull, Phil Jackman and myself getting the bronze, silver and gold respectively.

As usual there was great chat and a few laughs over coffee after the racing.

Cheers

Shorty

Yep! I made the post all by myself today. You’ve got to be impressed Mike!

Absolutely perfect Shorty, there should be more of it.

Sounds like a fine day was had by all that attended. I was close to coming along today but it was white & very chilly up here this morning so I gave it a miss.

Turned out to be a nice day & with only a few short weeks to Daylight Saving again I’m hoping the weather will start to warm up.

Well done Shorty in all aspects and congrats on some good sailing.
      DF95’s I’m happy to say is in good hands.
      Cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.