RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 12/07/2022

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

It was mirror calm when I arrived this morning and things hadn’t improved much when we were ready for racing but there was strangely a little more wind about than you would have thought. Less that 2 knots – but the DF95 doesn’t need much, and it was enough to allow us to make our way around the course without ever being absolutely becalmed. The light winds meant that we were only able to complete five races today so the results allow for one discard.

It was great to welcome Phil Watkins again. Phil has just bought Justin Rodger’s DF95 (No 61). We hope that you will be one of our regulars Phil.

Don Macleod and Geoff Matthew were always amongst the action but somehow evaded that ounce of ‘duck-luck’ that is needed when sailing at the vineyard on days like today.

Phil Turnbull started the day today where he finished last week – with a nice win in the first race. But remember Phil from a handicap management point of view it is the last race of the day that you want to win, not the first one.

Ron Cullen told me that he had gone back to the set up and tuning data and re-measured and reset his boat for today. And it did seem to work as Ron was very competitive today with results including a couple of podium finishes.

Also great to have Pete Sylvester sailing today too. Pete cleared out in the third race to be nearly half a lap ahead, only to fall into a wicked void where he watched the rest of the fleet pass him. Not to let this upset his day Pete finished with a win and a second in the final two races to claim third spot overall.

I took second spot today with four consecutive 2nd places in the first four races.

It was Phil Jackman’s day again though. Three wins out of five races make it a well deserved win too. But it throws down a gauntlet to us all – Trout has won the last three DF95 meets.  Lets see what we can do about it!

There were only eight skippers today but good racing and great camaraderie as always. I bet that I am not the only one who looks forward to Tuesday sail day.

Shorty

Excellent write up as usual Shorty.

Footage from my hat cam.

I tried changing the resolution and aspect ration to try and get bigger images rather than widescreen where the boats are too far away.

I think I still need to experiment a bit more.

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

Race 4

Great job with the hat video.

Thanks Peter.

Managed to get your good start in race 3 😁👍

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.