RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 12/12/23 DF95

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

It was a sparkling summer day at Puddleduck Vineyard and 11 skippers fronted for today’s DF95 event. Phil Turnbull had (more) electronics issues which left ten skippers to face the Starter’s orders.

Bodge generously gave his boat to Bruce Palmer for the day and took on Race Officer duties. He set us some great courses for the tricky North Easterly wind. This was a bit of an unusual direction for the vineyard (something Westerly is most common) but it did cause us to explore different courses and that was good.

We welcomed Martin Svensen to the group today. Martin has been sailing with the Risdon Brook group for a couple of years now and so knows his way around a yacht course. He showed this with a nice third place in the first race when we all started on scratch handicap. We hope that you can sail with us next year Martin.

The ‘Specsavers’ buoy-4 was not used today but that did not stop many of us (self included) from wrong-siding buoy-3 instead!

On a day where the podium was well shared special mention goes to ‘the gentle giant’ Andrew Thomas who finished the day strongly with consecutive podium finishes in the last 4 races including a well sailed win in race No. 9. A great sail Andrew!

Third today went to Bruce Palmer. A very good sail considering that he was racing a borrowed boat and the DF65 is his normal charge.

Second went to Jammy Jones who quickly sailed himself to the maximum one-minute handicap but this did not stop him from featuring in the results.

Today’s winner was Phil Jackman. Trout also finished the day on maximum handicap but two points ahead of Jammy. Both had three race wins today. Congratulations Bruce, Jammy and Phil.

Next week will be our last sail at Puddleduck for the year. It is officially a DF65 day, and, yes there will be some racing but feel free to bring any other boat you like. We will have a ‘bring-your-own-food’ BBQ. As Puddleduck is a licensed venue if you wish to indulge in a celebratory drink it is appropriate that we support our hosts by purchasing their product.

Next year we will re-open on January 9th and that will be a DF95 day.

Shorty

Great write up Shorty, captured the mornings event perfectly 👍

Thanks Shorty, race 3 11??? DNF ??? Cheers Trout 😇

That is probably my fault Trout, I reckon I missed you when you finished, my apologies.

Excellent write up Shorty, I’ll be there next week for the final event of the year.

Thanks Shorty for excellent write up. Thanks Bodge for generous boat loan. A great day at the Duck.

MR SHORTY SIR    Has the BBQ area been booked  …………………………………………….just sayn

BBQ is booked young Mr Kermit 👍, frogs more than welcome to attend 👍👍

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.