RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 16/05/23

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

There was a strong, blustery and cool South Westerly at the vineyard dam today, perhaps 10 knots but up to 15 in the gusts. Some of the skippers were talking about B-rigs but in the end most went for the A-rig. Dave Poon elected for the B and it worked out well for him in a couple of the races in the middle of the program when the A-rigged boats started to pitch-pole and nosedive. It was nothing like the carnage that happened at last weeks DF65 event but exciting sailing all the same.

We had to have our wits sharp as the boats quickly got themselves into trouble when un-attended. Bodge, Jammy and myself all got stranded while attending to official scoring duties.

Bruce Palmerโ€™s efforts today were of merit. Bruce sailed his DF65 into two two 2nd places.

Fab Phil Watkins and Bloody Geoff Mathews were locked to gather for much of the day and finished tied for 4th and 5th places with Phil getting the nod for 4th on count back due to a rail away race win in race No.5.

Bodge took out 3rd overall with two race wins, two seconds and a third in his total.

I was much more consistent today to gain second overall.

And Jammy too the honours today 3 points in the clear. It was really good sailing by Jammy too as he won three races consecutively really early in the event and so was saddled with a big handicap for most of the day. Well done Jammy.

During coffee after sailing we discussed the rules applying to running boats and tacking boats as the is now sometimes an issue when we are using the figure-8 course. I have made a seperate post on the forum of this for those not at sailing today.

Shorty

Thanks for the great write up Shorty.

Very good sailing by the pointy end of the fleet in the conditions that we had today.

Following is my hat cam footage of Race 2:

Good video Ron. Your hat cam videos are more professional than my best efforts with a tripod!

Hat cam footage of Race 9:

Another great write up Shorty, well done on your second place ๐Ÿ‘ , consistency plays a big part !

thanks for the hat cam footage Gadget, nice work ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.