RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 18/10/2022

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

There was a gusty North-Wester (0 – 15 knots) for those who ventures to the duck today. There were considerable shifts (to the South-West) which made decision making important on the up-wind legs.

There was plenty of tangles and mangles, the rescue dinghy was used more than once, the fountain cast its ugly spell, and some of the skippers demonstrated the art of assisting a boat stuck on a buoy using the ‘dogem car technique’.

The Admiral was sailing really well today, and had back to backed race wins. Col, however, probably gave away his opportunity today by pulling out of a couple of races to assist new skipper Dennis Oats. Dennis launched his new DF95 but was having immediate radio problems.  We hope that you will be racing with us soon Dennis.

As far as the overall results went, quite unusually the highest handicapped skipper didn’t even make the podium today. Bodge had earned a 35 seconds of handicap penalty by race 10 but had to settle for 4th overall today.

Ron Cullen, back from a driving trip to North Queensland, took 3rd place today, and somehow earned himself the richest applause of the three placed skippers. It was a good effort Ron – always at the pointy end of the fleet.

Phil Turnbull was second overall today in a good return to form.

And Jammy took the chocolates. He is always hard to beat.

And there was good coffee and chat afterwards as usual.

John S

As far as I am concerned, the Admiral was the winner of the day. WHAT A CLUB MAN!!!!

Thanks Jammy, congrats on your win today.

Great write up again Shorty.  It was another great sailing day.

I took a short snapchat video of the ducklings and if you look really closely, you can see the Admiral parked on the fountain in the background (sorry Col) 🙂

Gees Gadget, don’t tell everybody 🙄😉🤣

Thanks Shorty, another great day out with the ‘duckers. Highlight of my week.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.