RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2019 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 23.4.19

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Yet another perfect Autumn day on the Apple Isle for a sail on our favourite pond.

This week we re-introduced the DF 95 back into our racing program and you couldn’t have chosen better weather.

Quite a few of our regulars were away flying however it was great to see Dave #13 and his flying custard back among the Merry Men.

It doesn’t take long to forget the finer points of DF95 racing and I’m afraid Dave and Col #72 found that out today.

Great to see a new skipper at our pond today in the shape of Darcy #83. A very experienced sailor and a RBRYC regular, Darcy sailed well, discovering how much the Puddleduck luck can quickly change racing positions along the way.

Our Geoff #79 was to be found at the pointy end for most of the session and sailed well.

Pete #27 was on the money today and sailed well despite the lack of flashy coloured sails.

Clear winner today and in great form it was great to see Stuart #58 back on the top step.

Pure consistency and good choices saw him triumph over a hungry pack of good sailors all keen to win.

Once again it was a great day out and congratulations on some good gentlemanly competition and fine race etiquette.

After eight races with one drop the results were:

Dave on 32 points, Col on 25, Darcy on 24, Geoff on 19, Pete on 18 and our winner Stuart on 11 points.

Next week we are back with the pocket rockets DF65, race you there!

Pics and video by CJ Sails

Thanks for the report & pics Col, looks like another great day @ The Duck

Thanks Mike, we have been blessed with some fantastic sailing these last weeks. Good for flying too I expect.

It was another great day at the ‘Duck.  We had enough wind for good sailing and enough variation in the wind to ensure that we had some very close results. The big boats thrived in the conditions.

Yes it was Pete and they did. Our visitors arrived as arranged so I put off editing the video until this morning, hopefully it will show something of the race!

Last Tuesday I loaded my boat with a very small video camera for one race and took some on-water shots with it. The video recorded and the camera was still on the boat when it got back however I am not that happy with the resolution or exposure. Maybe that is the price I pay for such a small lens?

Anyway, here is the link to the finished video. There was some pretty close racing and near collisions in it so watch out for those!!

Cheers

Click here. 

Just watched the video of yours long tall  all I have to say IS …..   you cant do that cole      you cant do that ……..   HE HE HE 

Har Har, very funny 🙄😏

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.