RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2019 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 24th September 2019 (DF95's)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Seeing as how “The Admiral” had sent his apologies for not attending today we will try a slightly different report format for this week starting off with the Scoresheet from today’s DF95 racing.

There were nine skippers competing in today’s hotly contested racing with podium positions changing on most races.

Whilst there were a few very strong gusts early in the day (some changed to “B” rigs – but not for long) overall the predominantly N/Nwesterly winds were kind to us and produced some extremely close finishes with many of the fleet finishing within a boat length of one another.

Thanks to all who attended, including Tony (who was boat-less today due to a faulty winch) and Phil for keeping score and doing his level best to keep us all honest.

Hopefully, me spouting less words, will encourage others to add their thoughts on the day

(that’s other than Kermit, who always has his slant on the day and whom we thank for his continued support of the forum).

Here are a few more pics, not up to the usual standard but I only had the phone today, too busy racing to get the big camera out.

More pics from today are available here

Thanks for the score sheet and the photos Mike. The score sheet is a nice addition.

The Duck was at it’s variable best. Duck luck was evident, both good and bad, and it helped keep the fleet together. Very few runaway winners today. Lots of close finishes, and quite a few collisions in the gusts.

Ron dominated with some fountain time. The rest of us looked on in awe. Boats caught on the starting line buoy (twice) will not be mentioned.

Thank you to Mike and Phil for a great day of sailing.

Did anyone miss the heartless old bloke who used to use black sails?? I didn’t think so!!

Nice to know you scurvy lot missed me! 😉

Glad everyone had a good time and the day went well.

I shall abide by the New Admirals request for less words  but an its a big but  we were 45 minutes into racing and someone said wheres the admiral  dead quietness descended on the gathering  for more than two milliseconds  an we were back to racing  now that’s shameful how could we all have missed the big long extension pole he brings each week  we needed that pole today  Nah just kiddin  we had a spare…..  bootiful weather winds to make every one happy   those of you who missed today extravaganza  tusk tusk we didn’t miss you because it was full on  look at the Admiral MK2 s pictures  says it all…….  Today’s exception to his usual position Mudflats RON B  did not deviate from his chosen agenda which was to secure the holy of the holy ‘est position at the pond my spot he did this with stealth   cunning and pond luck  who cares who won the race for the day  on our end it was mudflats  first second Kermit third predator  well done you two very close races   those of you who may have felt the bumper from my boat today may I say sincerely say  karzinga  No that’s not right  it should be…… why were you in my way   To comply with the THE new admirals request I will close to allow others to come on line…………………  yea I bet   WATCH THIS EMPTY SPACE 

You were robbed yet again Kermit!! Pull yer socks up lad yer slippin’ 😉

I see that Paul has his DF65 #159 up for sale on Facebook due to loosing interest, guess the RC sailing fad didn’t last very long for him!!

Great work Mike. Scoresheet looks dandy and the pics showed the rest of the story.

Cheers

THANK YOU MY ADMIRAL for those sterling words of encouragement  although your solution for improvement is a bit worrying maybe its a nautical thing but for the life of me I cant see why ” pulling my socks up ” will improve  my sailing but your the boss maybe elastic bands around the top will work  i’ll give it a go…….  always grateful for expert advice

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.