RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2021 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 29-06-2021

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

DF95 Racing today @ the Duck

Information kindly supplied by the Admiral

6 x DF95’s

1 x IOM #196 (Admiral)

1 x DF65 #no number (David) does not show up in the scoring.

Cool temps and hot racing in a perfect winters day.

Excellent breezes out of N/E shifting to N as the morning progressed.

Phil was best DF95 on the day but racing was very close among all participants throughout the morning.

Admiral brought the Royal Barge (IOM #196) for a bit of a play and tune up.

David brought his DF65 along for a bit of practice.

Excellent day out.

Cheers

Col

From the supplied scoresheet I’m not sure if handicaps were applied today or not.

First Place on 23 points was #196 Col – IOM (well fancy that), Second Place on 26 points  was #261 Phil T – DF95, Third place on 30 points(on count back) was #58 Stuart – DF95 closely followed by #37 Trouty – DF95 , also on 30 points.

Both Stuart & Trouty had 2 x 1st place, 1 x 2nd place, 1 x 3rd place then Stuart had a 4th while Trouty had a 5th.

WELL I GUESS A FEW MORE like this from the cooks assistant an he may regain his rank

The Admiral began with a minute handicap, ending with 1m 30sec. Both Phil, Trouty and Stuart ended the day with 20 second handicaps. Fabulous sailing in perfect conditions and enjoyed by all.

Either your numbers are incorrect or there was a lot of skulduggery going on with the handicaps.

I just redid the score sheet with handicaps based on the supplied results & they are vastly different from above.

Most likely that has occurred because there was awarded a 10 seconds time penalty for first place and 5 for second due to the small number of competitors.

Gee, changing the rules again, anyone would think I had a Crystal Ball.

Just as well we are all friends & not racing for Sheep Stations.

Can’t make it too easy for you! 😉

QUESTION    how much is the sheep station

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.