RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2021 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 30-11-2021

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Report by John (Shorty) Short

It was a clear sunny day at ‘the duck’ today, 24 degrees, and a steady 8 to 10 knots blowing down the dam. Perfect for DF95’s!

Today we welcomed new-comer, Phil Watkins and his partner Naomi to Puddleduck. Phil brought along a DF65 but this was OK as Dave Poon got the alternating sequence of weeks out of kilter and also brought his DF65. The two were able to have some good racing. Especially good was that Naomi was happy to take up the score pad and officiate at the finishing line. Phil is keen to come to more DF65 events.

Dave Woolley launched a brand new DF95 today. It looked really good with some black detailing on a white hull. Unfortunately Dave was having some serious rudder problems today which kept him back in the fleet.

Today’s winner was decided on count-back with Jammy Jones and myself finishing equal on points. Both of us had three first places but I got the nod with more second places the Jammy. Geoff Matthews took third place.

Heaps of fun as always!

Shorty

A great day’s sailing, even tho I forgot to check which class was sailing, sorry fella’s

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.