RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2021 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 5-10-2021

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Report from John (Shorty) Short

The skies looked ominously dark as I was driving to ‘The Duck” today and the total lack of wind made me think that we would be lucky to get much sailing at all – but luck was with us. The sun came out and a light North Wester piped up for the first couple of races before giving way to a stronger Southerly for the remainder of the morning.

We owe a huge shout-out of thanks to Ricky Price who fixed the problem with the floating fountain supply pipe last week by tying a weight to it.  The course worked much better this week.

Nine skippers presented for the first race but unfortunately Geoff Matthews and Don McCloud had equipment problems at various stages of the day. Phil Turnbull had a bit of a fan club (grand-children I’m guessing) turn up but only just in time to see him park his boat on the fountain! They will not let you forget this Phil.

Congratulations today to Peter Morrow who took honours today with consistent results throughout the morning and finishing with a couple of race wins. Well Done Pete.

Second and third positions were taken by Peter Sylvester and Jammy Jones respectively but very few points separated the bulk of the fleet on the tally table today.

Congratulations are also due to Geoff who celebrated his 82nd birthday with us today!

Huge thanks to Stuart Harris for taking on the PRO role and making the morning flow well.

Cheers Shorty

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.