RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF65/RG65 10/10/23

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Puddleduck Sailing – RG/DF65s 10.10.23

It was another superb spring morning that greeted eleven keen skippers at “The Duck” this morning, with sunshine, birds chirping, lots of ducks, and a whiff of a  breeze for sailing.

The little breeze that we had was coming thru from the NW, W, SW and very occasional. Nevertheless, it was to decided to attempt two laps of the outside buoys, which we managed to complete eight races.

Our Admiral (Ret) didn’t even manage to get his boat wet as his rudder servo chucked it in. I am sure Col will have that sorted before the next DF65 day. The rescue boat was needed once today after The Smiling Assassin decided to launch his boat up on the fountain. I think this was karma, as he thought it was quite funny to see Bodge do the same thing the race before 😊. There was the usual biffo rounding the marks and missing buoys etc (I can put my hand up for a few of those), ironically our retired optometrist missed a couple of buoys as well 😊.

Overall the racing was close between the RGs and DFs with outright wins shared amongst five skippers. Ray (from Orford Sailing Group) had his first outright win coming from behind to pip Jammy on the line in R6. Well sailed Ray! Cooka had a great day with his RG winning both the combined classes as well as the RG class. Well sailed Cooka !

Second in the combined class was Jammy, with third place Scrooge. Well sailed chaps today in tricky “Duck” conditions. In the DF only class, it was Jammy in first place with a tie for second place between Bodge and The Smiling Assassin, with Bodge taking second on countback. (no Phil I didn’t rig the result 😊)

Thank you to all skippers, Sue and Bonnie for keeping score, and PD crew for looking after us yet again, see you next week for DF95s at the “Duck”.

Bodge

T’was with sadness I trundled off home to discover what blighted my poor vessel at launch time. Sad too that I missed the highlight of my fortnight duking it with the ‘duckers, fine fellows all.

Good to see some well deserving chaps making good use of the fountain. It’s the only use it seems to get these days so well done there.
      Back in the workshop it didn’t take long to discover the culprit was the rudder servo that had been working that morning before leaving home. Grrrrr 😠
      A fine write up thanks Bodge, too right I will return next ‘65 day with bells on and a working boat.

Well done Cooka!!!

Say is that spreadsheet working properly? Ray Phillips appears in the combined results but not in the DF65 only results????

Well spotted Shorty ( sorry Ray)

would you be kind enough to take a look at it if I send the version I use thru to you? No urgency

Yep. I should fess up at this point. The faulty spreadsheet was my doing. A formula not dragged down to the bottom of the table. All working now though!

Revised results from Tuesday, thanks for sorting that Shorty 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.