RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF65/RG65 26/09/23

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Puddleduck Sailing – RG/DF65s 26.09.23

A superb spring morning greeted thirteen keen skippers at “The Duck” this morning. No clouds, coolish, plenty of sunshine, lots of ducks, and not a lot of breeze for sailing. Maybe perfect day for RC Flying I would have thought.

The little breeze that we had was coming thru from the NW, W, SW and very occasional. Nevertheless, we decided two laps of the outside buoys, which unfortunately due to the lack of breeze we only managed three races in first hour, so it was then decided to shorten the course in an attempt to finish a few more races before coffee time.

R4 – R7 were shortened before we lengthened the course back to the original for the last race.

Overall the racing was pretty close and outright wins were shared amongst six skippers.

In R1, Andy and Poonie had a coming together which saw both boats drift ashore. Andy thought he would reach over the rope, holding onto the post, but unfortunately the post became dislodged, and Andy ended up with a very wet left leg. I am pleased to report the post was replaced, boats were retrieved and Andy had a very wet left uncomfortable shoe for the remainder of the day.

The rescue boat was needed a couple of times to rescue Bodge’s boat due to his inattention, Andy’s boat due to the rudder servo packing it in, and Don’s boat as he managed hook into a huge piece of debris floating across the dam. Thank you Andy for assisting with the rescue boat.

In the combined class, Scrooge won the day with 11 points (2 x wins, 3 x 2nd places, 1x 3rd place) nicely sailed Stuart 😊. Second place went to Jammy on 18 points, and third place went to Cooka on 21 points. The two RGs obviously liking the conditions today !

In the DF65 only class, Jammy took the honours with 14 points, second place went to the Retired Admiral on 17 points, and third place to the Smiling Assassin on 20 points.

It should be noted in the RG only class Scrooge didn’t have it all his own way today with Cooka only two points adrift.

Finally and most importantly, Bonnie our ferocious guard dog apparently enjoyed her first birthday today, I am sure Sue will allow plenty of doggie treats. 😊Happy birthday Bonnie 😊

Coming up, next week is DF95 day with our second scheduled Luncheon at the Duck post sailing, hope you can make it,

Thank you to all skippers, Sue and Bonnie for keeping score, and PD crew for looking after us yet again,

Bodge

Good write up Bodge.

Who could have guessed that I would have 2 rudder servos fail in 2 weeks. Hope that’s all.

MR GIANT  Sir have you considered  sabotage…………from home …(retaliation )           ……………………..just sayn

Great write up Bodge. Beautiful day to be out among the gentlemen Duckers!
      Bit of weed about this morning, nailed me in two races and then Don caught the mother lode!
      Cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.