RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF65/RG65 5/12/2023

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Puddleduck Sailing – RG/DF65s  05.12.2023

What a cracking day at Puddleduck today … the sun was shining, it was warm, sunscreen, hats, sunnies, shorts and thongs were the order of the day. Even Bluey dragged his shorts out and gave them an airing!

A couple of skippers decided a second coat of sunscreen on the back of the legs was required and I did see out of the corner of my eye Gadget applying sunscreen onto the back of Bloody Geoff’s legs! By the smile on Geoff’s face, I reckon he enjoyed it 😊.

The 0-3knts of breeze was coming from the SE, NW, E depending upon where you were on the course. We stuck to the one course for eight races heading to Buoy 1 first up, then onto buoy 2, then a reach / run to buoy 3, back to the inside of the start line, 2 laps. Again, there was the usual tight mark rounding’s, missed marks and even the claws of the fountain claimed one victim (no names mentioned eh Don 😊) but his yacht managed to drift off before the dinghy had to be launched.

Sue and Bonnie (the ferocious guard dog😊) had their work cut for her with the results as there were many tight finishes. So close was the finish in R8, that Gadget was hoping to review his hat cam footage to sort out the results but alas his batteries died after R5.

In the overall results today, Bluey (RG65) and Trout (DF65) continued their dominance with their tied 18 pts result with Bluey taking honours on countback. I was 1 point adrift on 19 points. So close was the racing today that only 8 points separated the first 7 places. The second half of the fleet also enjoyed close racing that ended with some mixed results, but with enough positives to bring them back next week.

In the DF only class it was Trout that came away with the chocolates on 14 points, with myself only one point behind, and Bloody Geoff a further2 points adrift. (Gotchya Geoff 😊).

In the RG only class, Bluey didn’t have it all is own way with Cooka having a pretty good day out only 2 points behind.

Thank you again to Sue for her diligent scoring ably helped later in the day by Peter Sylvester and Gadget for his starting equipment, and likely hat cam footage.

Coming up next week at Puddleduck (Dec 12) are DF95s, with the following week (Dec 19) being the last sail day for 2023. This day is for RG/DF65s etc but it is also “anything that floats day”, sail or power so long as it can be retrieved from the jetty. There will be a Xmas BBQ following the on-water activities, BYO meat / roadkill, beverages available from the Puddleduck restaurant / café. Partners welcome.

See you next week,

Bodge

Failed to mention that about 10 of us including Gadget’s wife stayed back to enjoy a Puddleduck lunch. It was most enjoyable with the next luncheon to coincide with a DF95 day in the first week of February 2024 (6/2/2024)

Thanks for the great write up Bodge.  Julie and I reallly enjoyed the lunch and the company.

Following are links to races 1, 3 and 5 from my hat cam:

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.