RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2024 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF65/RG65 7 May 2024

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Thirteen keen sailors turned up today for the DF/RG65 combined sailing at the Duck today.

The weather was pleasant with long bouts of sunshine and gentle breeze blowing from the north west which made for very comfortable sailing.  The forecast was for the breeze to drop out as the day progressed so the “extra buoy” was deployed on the western side to give us options of a short course if we needed it.  Oh, bugger, that reminds me. I forgot to retrieve the buoy when sailing finished. Oh well, it’s not going anywhere.  I didn’t have Bodge there to remind me!  Bodge was absent today as he is currently enjoying a well-deserved bit of relaxation in the North East of the state in his caravan.

We only needed to activate the short course for one race when the wind dropped right out but then it blew back up again.

The fickle conditions caused quite a few boats to bunch up around the buoys rafting together and providing a handicap of their own.  The smart move was to give this traffic and buoys a wide birth which rewarded you with a better result.

The stand out sailor today was clearly Stuart Harris (Bluey).  There was no stopping him with first place in the first three races. Overall, five first placings out of the nine races sailed today with him finishing with nine points after the two drops in the combined class.  It gets even better in the RG65 class with him finishing with seven points after nine races with two drops.  All of this with a handicap of 85 seconds!  Well done Bluey 👍

Unfortunately, Dennis experienced electrical problems with his boat in race two which ended sailing for him. We hope you get your boat sorted out Dennis and remember, if you need any help with it, I’m sure some of the experienced sailors in our group would be happy to help you out.

The DF65 class was tied up for first and second place with Jammy and Trout both on 15 points after drops. Jammy wins the chocolates for first position as he had one extra first place compared to Trout.  Lisa rounds out the podium places with third and a total of 22 points after drops.

From my observation, a good day was had by most 🙂

Thanks Gadget, a faulty rudder servo was the culprit, all sorted now.

Good to hear Dennis. See you at the next one 🙂

A few of the hat cam videos.

Race 1

Race 4

A couple more hat cam vidoes

Race 7

Race 9

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.