RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing 10/01/2023

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

A light 0-3knt south easterly greeted nine intrepid sailors at the duck today. Conditions were cool
      and overcast for most of the morning which had most of us in two layers of clothing.

Unfortunately, I cannot report any major mishaps as it was another relatively clean sail day, apart
      from the occasional coming together at the marks, with penalties duly completed as a matter
      course.

Today’s winner on 11 points was Jammy who was nearly unstoppable with 4 outright wins in the first
      5 races. Thankfully the handicap kicked in to give the rest of the fleet a fighting chance in the
      remaining races, well sailed Jammy.

Trout came in a very commendable second on 14 points with 2 x wins and 2 x seconds with his worst
      results being 2 x fifths, well sailed chaps, you are both on a level above us, but we are slowly closing
      the gap!

Five points covered the next six places which shows just how close the racing was today! Anyone of
      the next six boats could have taken the final podium spot, but it was Bodge who pipped both Geoff
      and Sheep for third place by the closest margin, one point. Two points adrift, the Smiling Assassin,
      the Unflappable One, and Gadget were also on fire with various podium finishes. Poonie had an
      indifferent day, struggling at times with the varying wind conditions, but is improving each week.

The day turned out extremely well, great sailing by everyone, great company, humorous banter and
      laughs a plenty, look forward to next week.

Thank you again to Gadget for supplying the table, chair, starting sequence technology, paperwork,
      and results, it is always greatly appreciated 🙂

Thank you all for an enjoyable morning and chat over coffee, see you next week!

Bodge

Excellent write up Bodge.  You captured the day well 🙂👍

Just after crossing the finish line in the last race, my jib let go at the front bottom corner (a wiser sailor will need to tell me what that bit on the sail is called).

I thought it was a rigging failure but it turns out the jib counter weight and rod fell off!

So, I was wondering if anyone has a spare DF95  jib counter weight and rod?

Apart for that, it was an excellent day.

Gadet you are in luck .I will bring it next week on DF65 day.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.