RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF95 17th October

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

A sunny day at Puddleduck Vineyard with a North-Wester of about 10 knots – perfect conditions for DF95 A-rig sailing. Dave Woolley’s boat was out of action with rudder problems but Dave turned up to do Race Officer duties. It always runs better when there is a dedicated official. Thanks for your work today Sheep!

With Bodge off on a motor-home holiday and Trout away too, the door was ajar for outsiders to make a move on the standings.  I was hopeful anyway! – Hopeful that is until my main came down furling itself neatly in the cockpit during the middle of race 3. Thanks to Phil Turnbull for coming up with a repair solution that got me sailing again for the last few races.

It was good to welcome (the unflappable) Don MacLeod back to the DF95 fleet after a few months off. Don showed good form today taking 4th place (on  countback from Henry Finnis). Both had two second places in their tally.

Third overall today was (bloody) Geoff Mathews. Second went to that ‘Smiling Assassin’, Phil Turnbull, and today’s winner by a fair margin was Jammy Jones who finished with an all-podium scorecard. An interesting feature of the tally sheet today was that the three place-getters scored two race wins each.

On a sparkling day like today it was hard not to enjoy yourself. A win for radio sailing!

Shorty

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.