RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2024 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF95 19/03/24

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

When we arrived at the vineyard this morning the breeze was little more than a zephyr and barely a ripple on the surface of the dam. By the time that racing started there was a genuine Northerly coming through but A-rigs were the obvious choice. By race 6 things were getting a bit blustery and so most changed down to their B-rig. (It is very unusual to sail with B-rigs at the Duck!) Race 9 turned a bit ballistic and as only 6 of the 11 starters finished the race we decided to draw stumps and head for the café.

It was good to welcome John Cole-Cook and Peter Ross to Puddleduck today. John has plenty of RC sailing experience in most of the classes and is a regular with the Risdon Brook group where he competitive with the very best. While Peter Ross has been to the vineyard a couple of times before this was his first visit with the DF95. It is really great to have you both sailing and we hope that you will be able to sail regularly.

The Super-hero Award today goes to Ron Cullen who manned the rescue dinghy on three or four occasions, and each was to rescue a boat other than his own. Huge thanks Ron.

Third overall today went to Jammy Jones who stuck with his big rig even at the heavy end of the morning. I think that this may have cost him a bit in the last few races……or, may be it was that he was missing his lucky hat which found its way into the dam’s depths for the last couple of races???

Bodge seemed quite comfortable in the heavier conditions of the late morning. He took second place with consistent results throughout.

Today’s winner was the first-timer Peter Ross. A celebratory welcome for you Peter and well deserved too as you sailed well. Congratulations Jammy, Bodge and Peter.

A real storm appeared to be brewing as I drove home but it gave me the feeling that we had got the most out of the day.

Shorty

Great write up Shorty. Thanks for that.

I also stayed with the A rig as I don’t have a B rig. I was happy with my finishing positions in R7 and R8 and wish I didn’t tangle with Geoff at the start of R9 ☹

I’ve started processing some of my hat cam video and here is the footage from Race 1…

A couple more hat cam videos…

Race 3

Race 8

Another interesting read Shorty, nice work 👍

thanks for the videos Gadget 👍

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.