RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF95 29/11/2022

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Eight DF95 skippers showed up today to the Duck with gusty SW winds varying upto 15knts before
      subsiding to approx. 5 – 7 knts. There was the usual duck 30deg wind shifts to keep us all on our
      toes.

Initially there was discussion that we should use B rigs, but in the end we all but one of us decided to
      stick with the A rig. Sheep decided to try the B rig but soon realised after 4 races in, that it wasn’t the
      smartest move and quickly changed to the A rig.

The day started off well with an informal rig tuning session held by Jammy, which was very well
      received by all skippers, thank you Jammy, we will look forward to next one. Jammy also sacrificed
      most of his races today to coach a couple of the less experienced skippers which was greatly
      appreciated by these guys.

Unfortunately, I cannot report any major mishaps or comings together as it was a very clean sail
      day, apart from sheep who hooked the finish line buoy and a few skippers who got caught in irons
      rounding buoy 1, well done to all skippers. We all managed to miss the fountain πŸ™‚

Shorty was a notable absentee today which I believe is due to ongoing boat repairs but suggest his
      brand-new IOM has got his full attention. Look forward to seeing you back at the Duck soon Shorty.

Overall, it was very close racing throughout the morning with 10 races completed with 2 drops.
      Poonie is continuing to improve greatly finishing a credible 3 rd and 4 th in two races. Jammy only sailed
      in 4 races (thankfully πŸ™‚) finishing with 2 x 1 st places and a 3 rd and 4 th place.

Both Gadget and Sheep both had their chances throughout the morning with Gadget snaring a 2 nd
      and 3rd whilst Sheep managed 2 x 1 st places and a third.

The first four places were very tight with only 3 points separating these skippers and as I am writing
      the report (I instantly have bragging rights πŸ™‚) I WON with 22 points, closely followed by Trout on 23
      points, with Bloody Geoff and the Unflappable One tied for third place on 25 points, with Bloody
      Geoff taking 3rd place on countback.

Thank you again to Gadget for supplying the table, chair, starting sequence technology, paperwork,
      and results, it is always greatly appreciated πŸ™‚

Thank you all for an enjoyable morning and chat over coffee, see you next week !

Bodge

Thank you Bodge.

You captured the day perfectly πŸ‘

Sounds like a good day out. Β Well done everyone and kudos to Jammy for being the good sportsman and generously sharing his knowledge.

Good write up Gadget, just curious as why the results sheet shows everyone sailing DF65’s? πŸ˜‰

Oops, copy, paste from wrong spreadsheet! I amended the DF95 at the top but didn’t pay attention to the columns.

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Fixed now Col.Β  Thanks for pointing it out πŸ™‚

Well done Bodge, hot sailing at the moment πŸ‘ŒGreat day by all involved.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.