RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2024 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing DF95 29th April 2024

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

A South-Westerly of 8 -10 knots was forecast and that is pretty much what we got at Puddleduck Vineyard for today’s DF95 racing.

Bruce Palmer turned up to watch and took the PRO’s chair to excellently officiate the racing. Thanks so much Bruce.

There was noticeably less water in the dam today due to recent use for irrigation. As if test the depth three yachts found the bottom in the little bay on the Western side of the dam during the first race.

It was fun racing held in a good spirit of camaraderie as usual. And a tight scoreboard too, with only 5 points separating the first 5 boats.

Phil Jackman took out third spot. Trout may have deserved better today too, as he battled with a recalcitrant jib sheet which just wanted to hook itself under the mast base for most of the later races.

Bodge took out second place. He couldn’t believe his luck in race #7 when the two leaders who were comfortably ahead decided to go around the last mark the wrong way around.

I managed to take the win today. I think that some credit goes to Ron Cullen though. Ron set me up with a set of his tuning measures and before the start I remeasured my boat and did a fresh set-up to factory settings. Thanks Ron – those guides definitely work!

And more thanks to Ron, (well thanks to Julie actually,) for supplying the wonderful caramel slice that we enjoyed at coffee time. It was absolutely delicious!

Bodge found a set of black fingerless gloves on his way out. They look like a set that a skipper might wear. If they are yours he has handed them to the café so you will be able to reclaim them next time.

Shorty

Great write up Shorty and congratulations on your win.
      You picked some great courses for sailing today.
      The missus was happy that everyone enjoyed the caramel slice.

I reckon the gloves that Bodge found are mine. They must have dropped out of my pocket after sailing.

Following are my hat cam videos of some of the races today…

Race 1:

Race 2:

Race 3:

More to come…

Race 5:

Race 6:

Race 9:

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.