RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Racing (dual fleet) 28/03/2023

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Today’s weather at the Duck was completely different from the forecast light rain and 10-15 knt NE
      winds.

I arrived to find a millpond with showers and not expecting to see another yachtie in sight. Low and
      behold, seven crazy sailors turned up to brave the cold, wet and near windless day. (SW 1-2 knts at
      best).

Puddleduck management took pity on us and very kindly let us use half the deck area with overhead
      heaters 🙂 which was greatly appreciated by all including our chief scorer Sue and her trusty guard
      dog.

After much deliberation we finally decided upon a course to buoy 4-3-1 twice round however after
      the first two races took 50 mins to complete it was decided to sail the full rectangle course, 1 lap
      only which still took 10-15mins to complete, but we did manage to complete 8 races.
      The only mishap today was Pete who found himself wrapped around buoy 3 and required the dinghy
      to free the yacht. Bodge soon discovered after launching the dinghy the cork bung had been
      removed and hastily made it back to shore before having to be rescued himself 🙂. The bung was
      found and Pete’s boat was successfully freed from the buoy.

Racing was close all day with these one lap sprints with only two points separating the first six places
      overall ! Jammy won on countback from Smiling Assassin both on 17 points. Third place was a tie
      between myself, Pete Morrow and Phil W (Fab) on 18 points, with Cookie 1 point adrift on 19
      points. Bruce P (Flash) certainly didn’t disgrace himself today being only his third? outing with his
      DF65, in fact he managed an outright win in race 7, well done Bruce.

Thanks again to Puddleduck, Sue for diligently scoring the results and all competitors that fronted
      today in adverse conditions.

See you all next week.

Bodge.

As a footnote, I failed to mention every sailor today had a race win ! Honours shared equally !

Thank you for rescuing my boat this morning. Much appreciated.

Conditions were tough but the racing was very close.

All good Pete, happy to assist 👍

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.