RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2020 Puddleduck Vineyard, Tasmania 10/03/2020

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

After the excitement of last Saturday’s Regatta I fully expected muted enthusiasm and small numbers on the water for our weekly DF95 day.

How wrong could I be?

Historical Photo

Ten enthusiastic skippers turned up to sail in the absolutely perfect conditions and it was every bit as exciting as Saturday, with added sunshine.

In a daringly sneaky tactic our pond dwelling mascot Kermit #82 pulled out a master stroke of genius and cunning by sailing a B rig in the otherwise perfect A conditions. His plan came off when at stumps he regained his most lusted over finishing position for the day.

Dave #413 was back to his best form showing some real dash as he went about collecting spangles from any poor unsuspecting craft that foolishly ventured too close to the flying custard.

Geoff #80 stopped sailing after serially missing consecutive marks to make an eye exam appointment. Despite sailing with passion, our poor Geoff earned the white cane award today.

Don #99 had a wonderful day on the water doing just what we all love to do best.  If only we had a score sheet for good humour and fun Don would have to be the clear winner.

After his mammoth effort editing the massive amount of footage he took on the day of our Peter Smith Memorial Regatta, Mike #96 just wanted to relax and have a sail today. Nobody in their right mind would have argued with that decision and so he had a ball. Winning the last race of the day in style from a fast closing Black Heart.

Historical Photo

Ben #165 was back from snow covered landscapes to share the fun in the sun today. Ben sailed well, finishing with two second places in races 5 & 7. Ben remarked that the standard of racing had raised considerably in his absence, a remark I totally agree with.

Always a fierce competitor our Stuart #58 showed flashes of brilliance with a first, two seconds and a third place finishes, however a few sixes and sevens lowered his flag today.

Col #72 had a pretty ordinary start to the day but improved as the day wore on. Consistency was not his friend today although Black Heart seemed to be sailing well at times.

Back with plain Jane once more, our Pete #827 was quickly back on the pace with three first places in amongst what was a pretty strong field.

David #23 sailed consistently well to win the day. Congratulations.

After eight races with two drops the final points tally was:

Kermit on 51 points, Dave on 38, Geoff on 38 (countback), Don on 32, Mike on 31, Ben on 25, Stuart on 20, Col on 17, Pete on 13 and David on 12.

Special thanks to Phil Jackman for volunteering to be our PRO today and doing a such a sterling job. No pics today, we all just wanted to sail.

Congratulations everyone on some great racing, thanks for coming along and making it such an enjoyable day.

Words by Col and great fun by everyone.

Thank you for a great report Col. It certainly was another ripper day of racing, with lots of close finishes, and the occasional incident at the buoy roundings!! Duck luck played its part as usual – certainly helped me today.

I now await the real report from Kermit.

Its not acomin Pete  our beloved admiral has been doing a sterling job at reporting along with predator that i could not compete with  nor can any mere mortal  so  i shall retire to the Lillie pond until the water level recedes and a stir is needed …..  kermit la frog

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.