RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2023 Puddleduck Vineyard Xmas Sail Day 19/12/23

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Puddleduck Sailing – RG/DF65s  19/12/23 (Xmas sail anything day)

The forecast for today’s sailing at the Duck was for 2-10mm rain, 17 deg with wind from the SW of approximately 4 knts. The Duck didn’t disappoint with no rain 😊, wind 0-3knts from the SE , E, & NE depending where you were on the pond, temperature was spot on albeit a little cool around the legs for those brave enough to wear shorts and thongs.

Thirteen skippers turned to enjoy the “fun sail day” with the option to bring any boat that floats and sails. Scratch racing was the order of the day.

We also welcomed two new sailors on board today, Dennis with his DF65 and Malcolm from the USA who is planning on buying two DF65s for himself and his wife. Welcome gentlemen 😊

Bodge lent Malcolm his DF65 after R2 to let him get acquainted with RC sailing and both he and Dennis managed to complete all the courses. Well done chaps, we hope to see you both back at the Duck in the new year.

Fab brought along his immaculate A class yacht that caused a few issues for the smaller yachts to navigate around 😊 Unfortunately before the first race start, Fab and Dennis tangled and took a little while to free them both.

Andy and Gadget also brought different boats, Gadget a very old RG65 that had never been sailed on water before, and Andy a boat design that the name of escapes my memory, sorry Andy.

Flash experienced electrical issues which resulted in his boat disappearing under the restaurant. It was eventually retrieved and electrical issues sorted for the last few races.

Cooka very kindly let Bodge sail his RG whilst he was on dog walking duties from R3 and between us we managed to win the combined boats result on 14pts 😊, second place went to the Admiral (Ret) on countback with Switch on 17pts. In DF, A & ? class, it was Switch on 11pts, closely followed by the Admiral (Ret) on 12pts, with Smiling Assassin third on 16pts.

In the RG only class, it was Bodge / Cooka combination taking the chocolates on 6pts with Gadget and Bluey tied for second place with 8pts, with Gadget placed second on countback.

Thank you again to Sue & Bonnie for very kindly scoring the results and manning the starting gun.

The after sailing BBQ was enjoyed by all that attended with still not a drop of rain. Many thanks to Puddleduck crew that allowed us the use of their BBQ and facilities.

On behalf of Gadget and myself we wish you all a safe and happy time over the festive season and we will see you back at the Duck on Tuesday 9th January 2024 for DF95 sail day.

Bodge

T’was a great day out @ da duck gentlemen for sure. Hotly contested at times and picturesque all the time as you can see by the photo.

Big thanks to Bodge and Gadget for your efforts throughout the year, well done. Huge thank you to Sue for the stirling job well done with scoring and start duties too
      Fab passed these pics to me to put up, thanks Fab.

Sorry that I could not make it out there today! But I do wish one and all a wonderful Christmas. See you all in thew new year. Im already looking forward to it.

Cheers Shorty

Apology’ s from me as well…health issue’s  I had intended to film the event for all  but  such is life  The floaters group  (lauderdale canal ) extend our best wishes to you all for chrissie an beyond ……….fair winds an tight sails ……………………………………………………………….just sayn

message to the gentle giant  I have your camera .. ring /call in or make arragements to collect ok……………………………………………………..just sayn

Ho Ho Ho. Thanks Santa (aka Bodge) for helping retrieve my wayward boat.

and I dedicate my podium in the last race to Cookie, who helped me get back on the water, and taught me some basic electrics.….always learning I

Good day had by all. Pictures look great as well.

Bodge my boat is a Anderson Sea Queen, length is about 950mm.

Kermit I will catch up with you on Saturday at the canal.

Merry Xmas all

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.