RC BOATING YACHTING General Discussions Report on Sailing Faster by Lisa Blackwood

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

In a picture perfect setting on a champagne  sailing day, the well attended Sailing Faster workshop was held pondside @ da Duck.
      Presented by champion sailor Lisa Blackwood the workshop got underway as planned at 9am and all fourteen skippers in attendance were gifted with insights into making consistently good starts, reading and responding to wind shifts and sound preparation for success in windward mark rounding.

All who attended remarked how well Lisa presented her material and how much they learned from it.

To quote Peter Sylvester … “Great initiative having Lisa there today. Plenty in it for the newbies and a good reminder for the experienced.  So much so a couple of points were almost a critique of what I do wrong”.

We all learned something new today and in the normal Tuesday races that followed, it was brilliant to see this new information being adopted and used by our skippers to good effect. Learning anything new does take practice to make perfect though as Ian (Bodge) Hey wrote “Thank you for organising “sailing faster” this morning with Lisa, it was very informative.
      Unfortunately it didn’t resonate on water for me today 🤪 but hey that is RC sailing
      Cheers Bodge”

As if a successful and well presented workshop wasn’t enough, Lisa then conducted one on one boat setups with all the skippers throughout the following eight races.

How often can you have the current Australian DF65 Champion one on one to help you sail faster?
      Thank you Lisa for a wonderful presentation and to all who came along and made the Sailing Faster workshop a success, I look forward to seeing the benefits of it in the sailing year ahead.

Cheers & Faster Sailing everyone!
      Admiral

Video 1: The Start

Video 2: Windshifts

Video 3: Boat Setup

Well done Admiral on the concept, and thank you Lisa, for sharing your knowledge with our friends at Puddleduck.

Such generous assistance like this is the model that should be aspired to from all clubs.

Big thanks to Col and Lisa. It was an excellent session and I took heaps away from it.

AS  it was a fly day for a few of us I will have to dunk captn pete off the floating jetty until he tells all that he has learned from our LISA  looking forward to the videos from the session   PS    captn pete  bring a towel

Videos up above.

Good job on the videos Col. Thank you.

Thanks Pete I gave it my best shot (with a free iPhone app)👍😎

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.