RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing @ Lauderdale Canal Sailing & Boating @ Lauderdale Canal 2020 Sailing and scale boats at the canal 26th September 2020

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

A little video from today.

Good sailing conditions, but a bit blustery for the scale boats.

Very nice Uncle G. The waves looked about the right scale for the boats so made for an interesting video.

I reckon Pete may have ended up with wet feet, don’t think his boots were quite long enough.

Thanks Mike, Yes I think Pete might have cold feet after that.

Yep, my feet and jeans did get a bit damp. I am thinking that a pair of waders may be useful.

The weed near the Ron’s Reef sign is really thick and heavy.

An interesting day of sailing at the Canal.

New swampy now operational

Was a nice day for sailing the Compass and nice videos. Monday looks like the best flying day all week.

FOUR FUN LOVIN SAILORS PLAYED IN LIGHT SOFT FLUFFY WAVES WHILST IN SHORTS TODAY AT OUR FAVOURITE SAILING SPOT ON THE CANAL LAUDERDALE   Captain Pete  Hoppy  Dave and our loveable bull dog Barrett who decided today he would lap up the sun instead of sailing    Sun was shining…. light to no breeze,   perhaps a gentile flutter of a wisp breeze  caressed our sails as we smoothly parted the ripples from our bows of our putt putts such was the most perfect days sailing ever   Mishaps did happen however with the captain loosing steerage  and floated into RONS REEF    MR hoppy also had steerage problems  so he just waited till his boat gently touched the shore for an easy retrieval such was the most perfect day ever  big bad Dave had no problems except for poopy seagulls targeting his near naked body as he was sunbaking whilst also sailing  he received quite a nice tan except for the poopy mark ( we didn’t notice )  all in all a most rewarding day

Geez Kermit sounds like a lit of frog sh$t to me when down with the wheelchair mob could barely stand upright maybe there was an iron curtain between the oldies on walkers and you mob.. 🦽🦽🦽🦽🦼

first what were you doing with the geriatrics ……..practicing how to maneuver a wheel chair maybe  or maybe instruction on white cane usage ……beats me ……..did ya get that one   Now to the real stuff   WE AT THE PROPER END OF THE CANAL ALWAYS HAVE THE BETTER WEATHER  why you may ask  Its because  the wheel chair mob set up their wheel chairs in such a way that the wind blows over them and dissipates by the it gets to us what’s left is a gentle fluffy wisp of air  SO NOW YOU KNOW  play  with us an get a sun tan play with the white cane mob an get to know the local doctor

Yeah ok sounds a reasonable explanation, ps I’m getting instruction as to how to use/control wheelie chairs, white canes and walkers and other stuff ok!

well that wasn’t to hard to figure out  ….poor ol buggar

Well I can now pass my now vast knowledge onto you.. 🙃🙂😇🤑🤘🧜‍♀️

Ok I’m game  an besides Iv got a minute to  spare  SHOULD BE MORE THAN ENOUGH

Well look at this way, I have infiltrated the other gang of geriatrics that Uncle G is part thereof (and looks the part) and my secret mission is to gather all the relevant information (yes spying) on how this geriatric group operate their zimmer frames/canes/wheelie chairs etc as when I glance around the pontoon gang they are looking (exception is me) very old and decrepit including you yes you frog are looking quite despicable oops I really meant  to say was you are looking very fragile in your senior years which indicate to me that you hang around with a gang which is dragging you into their fold (sucked in by oldies) and I think the pressure of trying to manipulate the ‘FLG’ to reach the grand height of President is taking it’s toll on your health wrinkles and your ‘ED’ that I heard on the grapevine so stop any further ranting and out right lies when doing your column for the RC Toys Times. BA has spoken on and behalf of his self…

Some more of the real boats sailing today.

It was a perfect balmy spring morning for sailing the IOM’s in the pristine crystal clear waters of the Lauderdale canal. There was a light westerly caressing the waters to move the immaculate IOM yachts through their paces to make for some exciting racing throughout the morning.

Even the green boat won a race (or two)

P.S. not a wheelchair or cane in sight!

Much waxing lyrical in that description there Uncle G, have you been taking lessons from the little green frog?

Yes, it’s all part of the “Top Gun Flight School” Video editing course. (Lesson #13)

Nice conditions to sail in. Good video too Uncle G!

MY MY what a discripitive   intro   “caressing ”  ” balmy ”   do I get a hint of plagirism  or is it my imagination   I would be honoured to think this is  so back to the sail  such a magnificent sailing vessel 00 the colour is without doubt an outstanding choice sailed by an top notch skipper for sure  OH AN A NICE VIDEO  TO FROM A FORMER TOP GUN VIDEO STUDENT

Swamps is Back:

Look out at the Canal next Saturday

Looking Good Mr Baaad Angel

BA     anytime you want just toddle around to toadhall an we will sail on the Royal Toadhall Lake you can open her up an get a good run around the   BOUYS  GIRLS   things floating in the water

Well thank you green slimy thing as long as the floaty thing arn’t your tadpols. Geez I just looked at my id picture man I’m a good looker..

Some more real RC yachting from today at the canal.

Well Uncle G I watched the whole lot which would be  a first cause no silly music to spoil it just nice ambient boat/water sound good stuff..

Fantastic vision, beautifully shot Uncle G. That new gyro is just awesome!!

Thanks Col, will have to try it on a DF 95 soon!

Oh yes please!! We haven’t had any ‘on-water’ shots for a very long time out @ PD.

You are a good operator too though! 👍😁

Very nice footage Gerald

RAVE RAVE BRILLIANT  YA GOTTA DO A VIDEO ON THE SET UP OF THE CAMERA I GOTTA SEE THE SYSTEM  soooo cool

It’s the same system as I used in the scale boats video above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqI0KD92FD0

Can’t see the video says it’s private… ‘please explain’ to quote a well known red head lady

Try now!

Yeah ok so your stablizer works wanna see the setup… don’t say it’s top secret cause I’ve infiltrated your wrinkley mob, remember cause now I can spy

The stabilisation system works well Uncle G.

Yes Mike, very happy with it.

NO NO NO I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SET UP…… GIMBAL FRAME ALL EXTERNAL VIEW  TA

Kermit, Sorry I can’t reveal to much as yet as it’s still under development.

But I can tell you it uses a 5 axis, vacuum dampened hydrostatic gimbal system with negative feedback using fuzzy logic logarithms to keep the horizon level at all times. It uses four MPU6050 accelerometers and two ISM630DHCX Gyroscope Sensors, with quad processors. All this is fitted into a tiny explosion proof, hydrophobic housing to keep the elements out, but it still has to have a sensitive waterproof external microphone to pick up the ambient sounds. (Like frogs croaking)

Doesn’t sound too complicated!! You lost me after the word”But”.

I have  drone footage of the setup on the blue powerboat complete with ambient music, no frog or duck sounds.

OK IM HAPPY WITH THAT  LAY IT ON KID

I GOT ALL OF IT COS IM SUPER INTO THIS TECHNO STUFF  UNDERSTOOD EVERY THING HE SAID …..EXCEPT FROGS CROAKING  MUST BE SOME NEW GOD DAMN FANGLED THINGI MAJIG  WHACHA CALLS IT

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.