RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Saturday Fly-In @ the field

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

What a fantastic day @ the field. Yes it was a tad windy but that didn’t ground anyone & the 19c was tee shirt weather.

To make the day even sweeter the gale force winds overnight finally dislodged Kermits Tundra from its perch in the treetops. Luckily no major damage & a bit of glue and a new prop will have it promptly back in the air.

We were joined @ the field today by Mr Moose (Ian) and whilst not attempting to fly today he did at least get to join in on the BBQ lunch and have a try out of Bad Angel’s FPV headset, which brings up another tree story. Bad Angel, flying without the benefit of his FPV view managed to park the “Black Bitch” in a tree at the top of the field. Luckily it was easily reached with our telescopic “Rescue Pole” and after a very quick repair was back in the air.

This was soon followed by President Ian, while flying FPV, losing his bearings & also parking his Bix 3 in a tree. Unfortunately it is too high to reach with the “Rescue Pole” and not in a position where it can be shot at by resident archer Kermit, (well not till we get permission to enter private property) . Hopefully with the return of the gale force winds tonight & tomorrow it will dislodge itself.

There was also some more playing in the water with a couple of “Swamp Dawgs” and Hoppy of course flying on and off the water.

That’s it for today.

No video today from me, my keychain Cam has water damage and all blurry footage so being dried in rice.

Kermit the phone number for rian is wrong. It ends in 513 not 514.

Blurry footage, isn’t that what Kermit refers to as “Soft Focus”

NOW  NOW   SOFT FOCUS IS A SPECIAL ART FORM  ONLY A OUT OF FOCUS PERSON CAN DO IT

My video from today,

Well a great day was had by all and the weather gods turned it on’

The Eagles that took Bad Angles plane were trained by none other than Mr Kermit La frogand I noticed as soon as they strike Kermit rushes out from cover and

feeds them with a special treat.

Is there no end to the frogs talents a Jack of all trades indeed he is

By the way great videos boys and the frog

Thanks Mr Moose, glad you could join us in all the frivolities.

WELL THERE YA GO ….TIS TRUE WHAT  MR MOOSE HAS SAID  I MAY HAVE FOUND THE NEST AND PERHAPS FED A FEW YOUNGINS  AN PLAYED WITH THE ANKLE BITERS  WITH A BIG BLACK PLANE  BUT I SWEAR THAT IT WAS THE PARENTS THAT GOT BAD ANGELS BLACK BITCH  NOT MY YOUNGINS …… THEIR GOOD ONES

GRASS HOPPER IS REPAIRED TO FLIGHT STATUS            JUST RESTING  WITH KERMIT

Liar liar pants on fire…. And that’s just sick putting the Grasshopper in your bed, sick, sick, sick…

grass hopper is a member of the family  even the dragon says so for instance just the other day she remarked  you spend more time with her than with me ……………..yeah so      grass hopper sleeps in the computer room  the ol thing balked at the idea of her bunking in the dragons Lair

Well it was the Moose that jinx’d my flight not a bloody eagle

My stuff from today:

VIDEO PRODUCTION  ACADEMY  BOARD HAS  DECIDED THAT THE PRODUCTION FROM …………………bad angel   HAS TAKEN OUT THE VIDEO OF THE DAY  SOLELY ON THE HUMOUR  SIDE….. IE  BLACK BITCH IN THE TREE   SECOND  RAPTOR BY PREDATOR  FOR INNOVATION   IE … SPLIT SCREEN   THIRD …….AROUND THE FIELD BY DROUGHY PRODUCTIONS : UNCLE G   VERY WELL DONE   queries : please send to some one

PEOPLE WHO DIDN’T HEAR THE STORY ABOUT THE ” PROPHET ” PREDATORS DREAM  HERE IT IS .     THE MIGHTY ONE WAS SNUGGLED UP TO THE WOMAN WE BOTH LOVE SLEEPING AWAY WHEN A MIST APPEARED AND IN THE MIST HE SAW ‘ GRASS HOPPER”….. FALLING GENTLY TO THE GREEN EARTH AWAY FROM THE TREE THAT HAS HELD HER FOR SO LONG  IN  THE DREAM SHE LANDED 30FT AWAY TOWARDS THE PADDOCK   GRASS HOPPER SAID TO THE PROPHET PREDATOR  .I QUOTE .. I AM DOWN  COME TO ME …. UNQUOTE….. WELL THE PROPHET FELT THAT THIS WAS SUCH A PROFOUND DREAM THAT ON ARRIVAL AT THE FIELD HE NEVER CAME TO US WAITING HE WENT STRAIGHT TO WHERE HE SAW IN THE DREAM THE HOLY LANDING SITE  AND EXACTLY WERE THE DREAM SAID GRASS HOPPER WOULD BE  THERE SHE WAS ……IF YOU BELIEVE  PREDATORS DREAM STORY THEN BY ALL MEANS DO REPLY  TO THIS SITE  BUT REMEMBER  HE IS NOW THE  ANOINTED ONE  THE PROPHET ………… HE CAN SEE  YOU

I had exactly the same dream. And now last night I dreamt that the Presidents plane aka Airforce One has also been delivered from its tree. But it’s now wanting to fly to New Zealand.

With the way the wind has been today I reckon it could well be half way there.

WELL DEAR READERS  THREE TIMES TODAY I HAVE VIEWED THE TREE SHE SWINGS SHE JERKS SHE FLINGS BUT STILL  MR PUTT PUTT IS STUCK FAST  I SAW THE YOUNG PROPERTY OWNER FELLA NO PROBS GETTING IT….. IF IT COMES DOWN BEFORE I GET TO IT HE WILL PUT IT IN THE OPEN SHED FOR PICK UP  SO  IF THIS WIND DOESN’T BRING HER DOWN  THEN MY TREE FELLA WILL HAVE TO GET IT  BUT FAIR CRACK OF THE WHIP THE TREE WAS BENDING IN EVERY DIRECTION WILD

It really does pay to talk and ask

I’ll check it tomorrow been busy all Sunday at Hot August jazz

Tomorrow Tuesday is the best day wind wise for a fly for the week. And we can discuss a retrieval plan for Airforce one.

UPDATE AS TO HOPPYS SUGGESTION  IAN AND I WERE AT THE TREE TODAY WITH THE BUGGAR STILL THERE  LAST NIGHT ON MY LAST VISIT THE BRANCH IN QUESTION WAS DOING THE WILD FLAMINGO AN STILL IT DIDN’T MOVE SO  TWO THOUGHTS SHOOT THE ARROW THEN BRING THE ROPE AND DRAG THE AIRCRAFT OFF THE BRANCH  NEXT BRING THE ROPE NEAR THE TREE TRUNK  TO BRAKE THE BRANCH  LAST  POLE WITH EXTENSIONS REST THE POLE ON THE LOWER LIMB TO ACT AS A BRACE FOR THE WEIGHT AND AS A DIRECTIONAL DEVICE TO PUSH THE PUTT PUTT  OF THE BRANCH  THE EXTENSIONS WILL HAVE TO BE LIGHT WEIGHT BECAUSE IT  ISN’T A SMALL HEIGHT    SO GENTLEMEN IF THIS IS THE WAY  BRING SOMETHING LONG AND LIGHT TOMORROW    I HAVE AN TREE FELLA  LOOKING AT  IT TODAY TO SEE IF HE CAN GET IT DOWN  WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW LATER ON THROUGH THIS PORTAL  ( I THINK IT WILL BE UNLIKELY FOR HIM  TO GET TO IT )

Just got around to checking the marine forecast for tomorrow & like Chris said its the best day for the week wind wise however it is still very windy 5 to 10 knots early picking up to 10 to 15 knots around 11:00 am.

At this stage I will give flying a miss tomorrow (Tuesday) but may go down for a sail @ the Duck.

As for the Presidents plane, given the issues we had trying to recover the Tundra (all to no avail) I would strongly suggest leaving it to the elements to shake loose. It will happen but may take a little while.

Ian may not be happy with this but we have all (except for Uncle G) been there and it’s just one of those things that you need to be patient about.

Given that fully extended our rescue pole is barely controllable, attempting to extent it even further with another piece of material is prone to failure.

Shooting a bow & arrow that close to a main road (even with the property owners permission) is extremely likely to bring unwanted attention of the worst kind to our little group.

Given the work that Ross & I put into securing this flying site we do no want anyone putting it at risk in any way what so ever.

Whilst we remain under the radar we do get away with pushing the flying boundaries somewhat but this could change in an instant.

Please think about it and the wrath of your fellow flyers should we lose this site.

Totally agree with you Mike, we have to be careful what we do on a main road, only needs one wrong person to drive pass (like BA Horse friend) and that would be the end.

Also I wouldn’t like to be using the pole near the road with live power lines overhead, imagine what would happen if it fell on a car driving past.

As I missed sailing last week, I also would like to go to the Duck.

Well said Pred and totally concur with that statement, one thing that must be considered seriously is firing and arrow from or over a public road/place is illegal and definately could end in a visit from the local constabulary as you can bet your bottom dollar that someone would see this action and take great delight in reporting which we don’t want in any way shape of form which could also end up with charges laid with the firing of a lethal weapon in or over a public place or road which the arrow would have to travel firing from either direction, something to think about regardless of how painful it is for Ian to sit and wait, I feel his pain.

UP DATE  THERE IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE  i have just been to the Ian tree  with my tree  neighbor  an he will get it down  there all done no problem

Well done, once again Mr Frog.

Greetings All!  My excellent Kermit, has achieved a good result as you will have already observed!   I went to the property owner’s house on Saturday,to find no one at home.  Later in the day, he was home and formed a good rapport with Kermit. We shall meet the arborist tomorrow and  no doubt his skill will bring the desired result. No laws were broken, public relations were enhanced and  all rear ends were covered.      Quad Erat Demonstrandum.

I setup a new thread in the forum section for my MS Flight Simulator 2020 flight from Cambridge to our RC paddock to Richardsons beach.

That’s very cool Hoppy 😃

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.