Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

The day started out a bit cool and overcast but the winds mostly stayed away as did the rain.

A fair turn up today (6) for such a gloomy winters day & everyone (except Kermit – who forgot his transmitters) enjoyed a fly or three.

I was hoping to fly the 3D printed Go1 Wolf glider but I found a loose servo so decided to leave it grounded this week. Next I flew the Hyperbipe and after belting it around the sky with great abandon I contacted Terra Firma & its now (after numerous crashes & rebuilds) destined for the Bin &/or the Spare Parts box. It was cheap when I bought it and definitely got my moneys worth of fun out of it. R.I.P.

Also flew the Slow Poke (onboard video later) & the AR wing, both for multiple flights.

Ron flew his Beer Box Spitfire & his Tundra & Gerald flew the Eyas Eagle (and managed to knock the Tundra out of the sky with it (I guess it’s pay up time this week eh Scott.

As usual Phil flew the Freedom till he used up all his batteries, then he went home early, a happy chappy.

Scott flew his Wots Wot 3D biplane and did his best to get up close & personal with the other pilots on more than one occasion.

Kermit did at least manage a couple of flights with his Phantom drone, the rest of the day was spent on his camera or cooking the sumptuous BBQ for lunch.

Exelent videos once again by everyone.

Mike, the quality of the video from the Slow Poke is magnificent. Did you capture it in 4K and then scale back down to 1080?

Kermit, I love the Spitfire engine sounds and you captured the oops moments very well. Great footage of the collision between Gerald’s Eyas Eagle and my Tundra.  Well done 👍

We need to chase Scotty up for the $50 collision payout now you have the video evidence 🙂

No Ron, that was my original RunCam2, not the new 4K version. Recorded @ 1080P at 50fps and edited & published at the same resolution.  The higher framerate smoothes out the video a lot but the image is still not as sharp as the new 4K RunCam. Just thought the old camera needed a run for a change.

As usual, the Frog’s camera managed to capture all the action (and misadventures) @ the field today.

Well done Mr Kermit.

Was that the Sinker taking out another plane in the sky? As it happens we flew here in Philippines yesterday in 33 degrees C. I only got brief footage as my camera was not charged. The guy flying the gas helicopter also flies full size planes and helis and has even flown Marcos the President here around. He has offered to give me lessons in the RANS S12 ultralight as I have only flown the Quicksilvers so far. Here is a snippet from Saturday and my Quicksilver flight from 4 years ago. I am still sailing around 1 day a week here too. Wind is less this time of year so sailing is slow but means I can fly my drone from the boat again.

Thanks Chris, interesting video.

Yes Chris, that was me.

All I can say is sorry Ron, but I am looking forward to Scotty handing over the $50.

Hahaha… All good Gerald. No damage on either plane and these things happen 🙂👍

Maybe Scotty could bring along a carton of beer if he doesn’t want to cough up the $50?

Yeah, we could build another Spitfire when we finish the beer.

ITS NOW PUBLIC FACT that fruity ..the sinkers apprentice  did on film offer $50 dollars australian to anyone who crashes into another aircraft  Well the sinker did in fact take up that offer an now we all wait for MR FRUIT LOOPS  to fulfill his wayward  request for a crash  I kermit la frog will video the payment on this site when he pays up .Fruity on numerous occasions has offered the same deal but up until now it’s never been followed through  but I have heard on the grape vine that the sinker is short for a few bob  an by smashing young gadgets aircraft into the ground  has or at least  will get $50 PERHAPS A GO FUND ME  for the sinker could be started ……………………………..just sayn

Fab

Great day of flying on Saturday morning and fantastic video footage as well. Thanks for sharing the vids. 😀👍

Fab.

I’m keen for drink flying

Wee he he

last time somebody’s aerial ribbon got caught in there propellor

wee he he

All jokes aside

Whens Next Fly Day

??????????

Now isn’t that nice ol fruity is anxious to pay his debt to his master  The question now is  will he offer the same deal to the flight line gang again $50  now he knows that the sinker will do anything to get a few bob ……………………just sayn

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.