RC AIRCRAFT BUILDS 3D Printing RC Planes Sinkers 3D Printed Albatross

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

The Mercedes 6 cylinder motor is ready to be installed in the Albatros.

Wow! That looks great Gerald.

All parts have been printed.

Motor installed, fuselage and wings etc all have been sprayed with a clearcoat ready for the colour.

I tried a different method to glue the LW PLA parts this time as recommended in the instructions: –

I used these small bottles, and it worked really well. A lot easier than putting on the glue and then bringing the parts together.

Rudder, elevator and axle cover have been painted in red, waiting to dry.

Prefit & then glue is a good idea, amazing what you find when you read the supplied notes. Certainly should be easier as they lock together quite well.

What clearcoat do you use before painting?

I painted straight onto the printed parts but it’s a bit hit & miss. Looks ok from a few feet away though !!

I used this one, It’s an Acrylic like the “Little Squirts” I’m using for the colours.

Tried it today and didn’t get any adverse reactions from the topcoat.

The main reason to use it was because the fuselage has different colours, and I didn’t want the edges to bleed.

No problems, thanks Gerald. I’ll grab some tomorrow before I start painting the stripes on the Wolf.

Painting almost complete.

Wings primed with a clear coat and some shading applied.

Wings painted,

The shading turned out a bit darker than I was hoping for.

The fuselage, (It’s not that bright in real life)

Baron Von Whatshisname is getting nervous! (He has a tight hold of the stick)

Primed and shaded,

Ready to fly? (Or die)

Just waiting for some bits to arrive and then it just needs assembling, and the electronics installed.

Tis coming along very nicely.

Slow and steady, Mike.

Likewise with my G01 Wolf, just plodding along installing the electronics.

Getting closer.

All servo’s installed, machine guns loaded, just waiting on the prop so I can install the motor and electronics in their correct places.

Looks very nice Gerald. You have done a great job with that 👍

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.