RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Sunday Fly-In 26-03-2023

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

We were making the most of the good weather with two flying days this week as it’s predicted to rain for most of the following week.

It was a beautiful sunny (almost wind free) day today down at the farm. We were back in the Shearing Shed paddock as the Polocross field that we normally use was in use for an event this weekend .

We had a good turnout today with Kermit, Gerald, Andrew & myself along with a new (almost) first time flyer Phil W “Fab” trying out a recently purchased powered glider. Given he is an inexperienced pilot flying a new untested plane he went well today, took off, flew & landed with a broken aileron control horn the only problem suffered.

I finally got the Hyperbipe flying correctly with no wing flutter and also flew the Li’l Eagle & the BumbleBee. On the second BB flight I threw a prop and although I managed to land it with no damage I had a 1.5k round trip walk to retrieve it. Talk about a loooong “Walk of Shame” with Gerald tailing my every move with his Mavic Mini Pro 3 & Kermit no doubt on full zoom with his handi cam.

Kermit flew his Bix 3 but had a few problems with it on the very short landing strip (most of the paddock is ploughed) and ended up breaking the nose off it yet again, he also flew his Ranger 1600 with less problems.

Gerald had his Eyas Eagle & his Mavic Mini Pro 3 but not sure what else he flew today.

As usual, Andrew was flying one of his powered gliders.

Well picked on the weather Mike, and thanks Kermit for another great barbecue.

From the Mini 3 Pro,

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE INTERNET   WILL POST SOON I HOPE

Another fine production Mr Kermit capturing the essence of the day (and of course all the mishaps !!)

Head Cam works well for flying but would you not be better using Landscape mode rather than Portrait mode?

I agree, or are you uploading to TicTok now?

here’s the thing  after sailing . at the BBQ  that section went into ticki tockie mode without me doing it  so I have just now looked at the problem in the settings but nope  I will get online with the question

Where’s the head cam video of you flying into the sheep pens?…………………………………………………………………..just sayn

DEAR MR SINKER  as I was editing that section some how it was corrupted  so not worth showing   ok

just sayn

It was lucky that I got it on video then…………………………………………just sayn

I also flew in Philippines here on Sunday. No footage of me flying but the other two guys with me flew combat with nitro Spitfires and thdn one flew his small biplane 3D style. There is a big RC fly in next Saturday so hope to get better footage then.

The little biplane flies just like my Hyperbipe!!

Great videos again everyone.

Mike, you definately got your steps up on the long walk!

Good job Fab in flying your powered glider considering it has been a long time since your last fly.

Oh, Kermit, thanks for the dedication of your video 😂😂😂

OH oh…….  your still with us ….. The sinker said you had passed on   THERE HE GOES AGAIN TRYING TO GET  ME INTO TROUBLE .    get well soon MR GADGET    ………………………………       just sayn

Leave me out of this Kermit!…………………………………………………………just sayn

Fab

I had a great time trying my hand at flying, a little rough on controls atm, my passengers would have been quite sick in the ol freeman. But a big thanks for all your patience and help in getting me off the ground.
        Fab.

GDAY FAB  you rushed off before you could donate to SAVE THE GREEN TREE FROG     I will catch you next time ay ….just sayn

Phil, after rummaging through several “spare bits” boxes I found a control horn to fit your aileron servo so now all fixed & ready to fly again.

As discussed I also 3D printed some “Servo Savers” for your plane & put reinforcing tape on the hinges so you now just need to copy onto the other wing & your spare set.

I would normally glue the “Servo Savers” on but we may need to adjust your servo throws so its just taped on at present.

If you can’t find any clear “filament” tape locally, below is where I ordered my last lot from.

If you are out this way you can call in and pick your wing and other 3 “Servo Savers” up or else I’ll bring them next time we fly.

Just checking/charging cameras ready for our next flying day & I found this!!

Fab

Thanks for your work repairing my freeman wing, could you please send me your phone number etc and I can call you, maybe catch up next week to collect it.

Cheers, Fab.

We just had a big RC day here yesterday called RC Congress Philippines. The guy flying the big red acrobatic plane at the beginning is a ex Israeli F16 pilot who now teaches military drones here in Philippines to the airforce . Looks like he needs a TGFC advanced flying course.

Viewing 12 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.