RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Thursday Fly-In 24-09-2020

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

And what a great day Hoppy picked for a second Fly In this week.

Almost balmy 13 deg and a light breeze that stayed away for most of the morning and only a couple of light showers after lunch & just before we packed up.

10 pilots in attendance & from memory all except Bad Angel Ross took to the skies for one or more flights.

We pretty much sorted out the President Ian’s Mini Convergence along with Kermit’s Fly Baby although a cracked wing prevented it from flying once the motor power & prop was sorted.

Chris had the TL-2000 airborne today and it flew very nicely after repairs to the failed bulkhead/firewall on Tuesday. Chris reckons the factory glue was almost non existent. (video to follow)

Finally, after many years of practice I finally managed a full flight (inc take-off & landing) without stabiliser assistance. I have been flying a lot this year without the stabiliser activated but never without it for take-off & landing so it was a first for me today.

Ricky had a minor mishap with his new Heron glider when one of the servo plugs came loose from the Rx. Luckily it missed all the trees as it nose dived into the fern patch. Nothing a bit of Hot Water won’t straighten out.

Mike you can come slope soaring with us Sunday afternoon at Tranmere now that you have ditched the stabiliser, if you are keen. The TL2000 is nice but needs more work to make it ok for our paddock.

No videos from me today but here is the video of the rc car auto towing a glider that we should try.

I’m not sure if any of my electric vehicles will do the job of towing your gliders over the rough sheep paddock

but if not the Baja Predator certainly will

BUMBLE BEE  VERY NICE

Mike – got to be the last one! I have one of them Tamiya Hornets in the workshop somewhere.

Here is my video from today.

This is how you launch a glider

Nice, I love BIG gliders, easy to see.

Very nice bit of video work there Uncle G. Getting the hang of tracking the planes with the camera now I see.

You could get one instead of a new car?

As for tracking the planes, it’s a lot easier with the blue sky behind and a bit of practice.

Well I turned the audio to watch for the death dive could have been a good video but…music really

Nice bit of camera work there Mr Frog, capturing al the action shots from around the field.

Also nice to see your FunCub was flying very nicely till that dastardly Eagle pulled your wheels off!!

I REALLY DIDNT THINK YOU SAW THAT  HE’S A MEAN BUGGAR

Well done Kermit, enjoyed that.

We have giant scale gliders in northern tas, look who launched this K13.

THE VIDEO COMMITTE WERE OUT FOR QUITE SOME CONSIDERABLE TIME  BUT THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE   CONGRATS GOES TO ……………………………………………UNCLE G  FOR AROUND THE FIELD WITH CRASHES

Well now I feel very airsick after that 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮   Mikes video that is.

Nice vid Kermit

Well done all cameramen… Enjoyed them all! Very smooth, Gerald… nice music too, despite the comments…..Frogs were not endangered, Kermit, but not so sure about Presidents!    Good day out!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.