RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Thursday Fly-In on another magnificent day.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Today was a balmy 21 degrees, full sun & virtually no wind till after lunch. What more could you ask for ?

We had seven pilots today, Kermit, Stephen, Mike, Scott, Andrew, Phil & Gerald.

Stephen & Scott both had noisy IC powered planes along with their quieter battery powered ones. The rest of us stuck to nice quiet battery planes.

All had an enjoyable time with no significant prangs (for a change) which meant everyone went home with their planes (and their pride) intact, rather than in a bucket as is sometimes the case.

With Kermit back with us, putting his handicam to good use, there should be plenty of video from today’s get together.

Another great pick on the weather Mike!

As I couldn’t use my camera today at the field (Kermit took my battery).

Today’s video is not flying, but also not worth a post of its own, and I thought Phil might like some ideas for his next yacht.

ITS AN INTERESTING CONCEPT  I recon  I wonder if the sails were changed from junk sails to conventual type how she would sail  it seems the junk sail config isnt working  …INTERESTING……………………………….just sayn

It went pretty well when it was being towed?…………………………………Just sayn

(He should have taken it to the scrap metal yard down the road when he was over here)

Well done Mr Frog & worth the wait.

Even without footage from your Arch-Nemesis “the Gentle Giant” it was still a fair historical representation of the “goings on” at the field yesterday.

Thanks also for the excellent BBQ & to Bev “Mrs Seaside Mitch” for the excellent chutney.

Not bad Kermit, but I did miss the high-quality footage normally found in your video’s when Andrew takes over.

yes I concurre the giants touch was missing from the video BUT as he didnt get to the camera the buttons are still working SO thats a plus ahhhh wasnt MRS BEVS  CHUTNEY fantastic ………………………..just sayn

SORRY FOR THE DELAY  I had the video in the can  then I decided to put the stuff I had on the hat cam into the vid well didnt that go pear shape it corrupted the entire video even the back ups s0 I redone it all except ofcouse the hat cam which wasnt all that good it seems if you look towards the heavens it goes fish eyed not to bad but ….ONCE AGAIN sorry  thanks must go to UNCLE G for the use of his camera battery 🔋  as both mine were flat as  road kill  The Gentle Giant didnt get to my camera because it was in my hands most of the day because of the fantastic flying being performed by the filght line gang I didnt want to miss capturing any of it   what a day………………………………………………………..just sayn

great videos there. Sorry about the lack of video on my behalf but decided to put more into flying and making the most of the good weather. 

KERMIT your hat cam date and time is out

Well I’m not sorry I only put that nice stuff in my responce so the others would say arhhhh isnt that nice of kermit   HA gotcha   as for the date etc no problem …….dont look at it   I dont   ………..you have enough brownie points up for another fly day ?   OR  do you require a bit of whippin …………………………………………..just sayn

I had a tour aboard Sinkers yacht during covid . Ross knows the guy as he is a sandford neighbor. It sails very slowly and only when wind is behind it.Meanwhile I flew my drone a couple of days ago here over my boat and marina.

Nice hoppy  unusual to see so many trees out in the bay …………………………………………………………..just sayn

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.