RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ The Field 2024 Thursday Fly-In on just another great day.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

A very good turn up @ the field today with 8 pilots in attendance & all doing their thing.

Winds were light to very light with the temp around 16 degrees for most of the day.

Not much thermal activity about today but Andrew & I did our best to try and find some.

I had the Blanik & the Excalibur V2 up at altitude but very little about to get any decent lift.

Also gave the Bix 2 Sport 2 a bit of a workout to test the Ovionic brand (cheap) 2200mAh 3S 50C? batteries.

Whilst it is unlikely they deliver their 50C rating they do perform well under light to medium loading & I can get a good 10 minutes out of the Bix 2 even with its upgraded more powerful motor.

Fine tuned the Excalibur V2 a bit today before flying and changed the max climb angle to 70 degrees from the default 45 degrees. May give it a bit more roll angle as well next time.

Scott had a couple of different planes from his menagerie today including a Canada Air twin engine & a Wots Wot that he was giving lessons to Kermit on flying.

Not sure who flew what else but I’m sure they will all show up on the videos eventually.

As usual Kermit did the honours with the lunchtime BBQ & thanks to Stephen & Bev for the BBQ Relish to go on the snags

There was some nice flying by your good self in the earlier part of that video, looking very professional. Just a shame they all ended up beaten and battered.

Overall though a very enjoyable video non the less.

ahhhhh beaten and battered an I hadn’t even got to the field to fly…………oh you meant the aircraft  sorry………………………………………………just sayn

Gentlemen …that excludes the sinker  IS it time to shut the roadkill BBQ shop down With the constant threat of knife attacks from a certain customer  unsatisfied with the preparation of said tucka and  customers GENTLE GIANT  bring along cut lunches is this the time to retire and hand on the roadkill sign perhaps a new owner can reduce the vicious attempts to maim or put fresh meat on the BBQ  please have your say… ya or nah..have you ever thought how much time it takes to collect and scrape off the road wallabies  wabbits  birds just so members have a variety  of tucka and this is all free  …………………………………………………….just sayn

How can I partake in your road kill BBQ while I am having to hand feed the the cute little fellas.

On the other hand if it was frog legs, that’s a whole different story.

Your cartoons not nice GG but you know that dont ya as for the BBQ lunches  their already dead…. by hours or days before I scrape em off the bitumen so why worry …..ps..  your a sick puppy GG………………………………………………..just sayn

Ha ha see you tomorrow

Fab

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone picked up an orange neck strap on Thursday. Andrew gave it to me, I thought I put it in my car but apparently not.

Fab.

yep I’ve got it   you can have it back for a freely given donation to SAVE THE GREEN TREE FROG  see me on the next fly day  with ……say $20.00 ?

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.