RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Tuesday’s Windy Fly-In

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Only four hardy souls turned up to brave the elements today. It was a pleasant 19 deg but very windy on the ground, not quite so bad with a bit of height though.

Ricky flew the Limbo Dancer first up then maidened his brand new Multiplex Heron (2400) Glider which went very well.

Hoppy started out with his clipped wing AXN Clouds Floater and then a bit with the Skipper (had some loose tail issues). After lunch he attempted to maiden the TL-2000 but a failure with the nose wheel ended that before it started.

I started the day with the “Li’l Eagle” which took the wind in its stride and flew beautifully, even got a bit of aerobatics in on both flights. Followed up after lunch with the MDM-1 Fox glider, following Ricky around the sky.

Uncle G erred on the side of caution today and stuck to his video camera and left his planes in the car.

Here is footage from my clipped wing AXN with 2 diffferent camera angles:

And here is my brief Skipper footage. The elevator was loose so needs some attention, hence no aerobatics or around trees.

My video from today.

TL2000 and skipper now repaired. The TL2000 had the whole firewall with motor and nose gear come off due to cheap chinese foam tac glue from the factory. Now all hotglued and ready. But it’s designed for smooth runways so I may convert it to a tail dragger if it still has nose gear issues.  The glue would have failed a no wind day.

Glad to know there was no permanent damage & its all good to fly next time.

Moose said the spinner screw was in the bag with the other bits. He said its tiny so make sure its not stuck in the corner of the bag or similar. He did glue the tail on but none of the screws etc have been loktite’d

AROUND THE WINDY FIELD  is the top guns video choice for today  li’l eagle comes in  for inflight video  correspondence can be entered into  with some one I’m sure as no one has enquired into my absence I shall inform you anyway  I was walking to the car to come to the field when a stampede of wild frogs trampled me into the ground requiring a medical emergency via helicopter  as the wind was soooo strong I had to be winched aboard by cable and taken to the hospital where I was diagnosed with frogotrampedus   a very rare case  indeed  so there you have it  my reason for not being at the field today THIS IS THE TRUTH SO HELP ME GOD

Gee, and there we all were thinking you just wanted to go sailing with your mates.

How wrong we were.

IT SADENES ME TO think that you all would believe I would just toddle off to the pond and forsake my duties as assistant president  oh shame on you all   but I forgive you lot  this time because that’s the sort of assistant president I am

With Ian’s absence, you would have been “President for the day” not a lower assistant!

But you decided to go to the pond and not step up to the role, this was the one time we really needed you, so we may have to look for a new more reliable vice president. (Ricky?)

Looks a tad windy pleased I had other committments

I put up a calendar entry for tomorrow as discussed. I guess the frog will go boating again.

Not me

HOPPY DEAR BOY I REFER YOU TO MY  REASON FOR NON ATTENDANCE  #6060   AND TRUST THAT WILL BE THE END OF IT  IF NEAR TRAMPLED TO DEATH  IS A NOT GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE WHAT WILL   and looking to widdle wicky for leadership  no way he’s way to short

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.