HOW TO DO SOMETHING (Website or RC related) How to – Website related Users Questions (and answers – if you are really lucky)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

If you don’t understand how to do something (Website Related) and the Lesson Help Videos don’t sort the problem for you then this is where you can ask for more help.

HOW DO YOU START TO PUT PHOTOS IN THE PHOTO SECTION

First select the general area that your photos will fit. (eg flying, boating etc) then select ‘Create Sub Album’.

Create the album then upload your photos.

Thats it.

I have now created an album specifically for the Marine Modellers Group and their IOM sailings here.

I’ll move the other related albums there shortly

HOW TO PUT HEAPS OF PHOTOS INTO THE SECTION PHOTOS FROM start to finish  do the photos require resizing can you import many photos at once  ta

You can import multiple photos (up to 20 in one go) in the photo section, you can then post a link in your forum post to the photos.

Have a look at the how to videos on the subject for more information .

We seem to have a lot of messages with the same title, which I find confusing;  ie “Reply to flying at the field 20 May” Who is replying?    Perhaps a subtitle?    I should like to contribute  but can see no place in the forum. No problem with the calendar comments which seem more relevant.  All this is just me not knowing the system I expect.

Ian, yes there are often numerous replies with the same heading BECAUSE they are individual replies to the same Forum post. If you open them to read you will see who posted them. Also simply checking the date associated with the Reply will show if they are new from the last time you were on line.

As I explained a short while ago (evidently not very well) there are TWO columns under the Forum Topic

1) The left hand column labelled “Recent Posts” is a chronological listing of the last few actual posts regardless of topic. These can be replied to.

2) the right hand column labelled “Recent Replies” are recent replies in chronological order and they may be to recent posts or historical posts that someone has updated/added information to etc.  These CANNOT be replied to directly, they are just a read only indicator of Forum activity.

The easiest way to reply when you are reading the “Recent Replies” is to click the last entry in RED before the Reply To: in the logical address that is shown near the top of each web page as per example below. This will take you to the actual post that the reply is part of, whether recent or historic. Then you can scroll down and use the Reply option on any of the items (these are indented directly under the item you are replying to (usually) or scroll past the last reply and create a reply at the bottom of the post.

Hope this resolves this issue of how to reply to Forum Posts, especially ones not visible in “Recent Posts”

Also, if you look at the Forums List at the top of the page when first entering “Forum” it is relatively self explanatory where you need to navigate to to find a particular Forum Post or create a Brand New Post from scratch.

I think I’ve got it sorted now Mike thanks……. Just a matter of finding how to reply to a particular post from several with the same title.

Hi Ian,

Not sure exactly what you mean. If you a replying to a post, then the words “Reply To: ***** whatever the post title is” will come up Both in your reply and as the small title at the head of the dialog box you type into.

The first post in a forum item is what/who you are replying to.
      If you can be more specific In your question I will be happy to steer you in the right direction.
      Cheers!

Thanks for joining my little problem…..as you can see from my reply to Mike, I’m pretty well sorted!    Cheers, thanks, Ian

Moo

Have stuffed up the calender post for sailing at the Canal for Sat 2/4. Somehow I have entered it for 2/3. Hoping Pred or other intelligent form of Homo sapiens could correct this for me and for the benefit of interested fellow members please.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.