RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Wednesday Fly In. 19th August 2020

Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

Wednesday Fly-In @ The Field

Well what a strange day. Field was very wet under foot and the wind came up early.

After sorting out some wiring issues on the Tundra Kermit was flying it like a champion, then he made a fatal mistake (as most of us have done at one time or another), he took his eyes off the plane whilst it was at a distance. We spent the rest of the morning scouring the hills in search of the illusive Tundra.

The Search will resume at first light tomorrow (well maybe not quite that early).

There were lots of things flown today by everyone & no doubt some will have video to add.

The frog managed a near perfect parachute jump but other than that and some head cam footage of my Pitts Special I haven’t got much to add this week.

Apart from the Tundra, currently MIA, and a bit of minor damage to my Pitts undercarriage mount, I dont think there were any other mishaps, just a lot of flying without incident.

Here is some footage from the Li’l Eagle with her new camera tray.

Need to see raw footage, this is too blurry on my 4k monitor. the video editor and then youtube vastly reduce the resolution. I got no vids to put up as just a lot of trees from the Drifter as I looked for the downed Tundra. One possible target that I emailed you the PNG file as too big to upload to this website. But could be in horse lady property based on the footage.

Chris, I have uploaded the GoPro footage to my Google Drive & sent you a link. See what you can find.

GoPro is only set to 720P at present to get better distance.

It does look like it’s way over the back of tree island.

Following is the lost alarm that I use on my wing’s when I’m flying long distance FPV for those that may be interested:

https://www.banggood.com/New-Vifly-Finder-2-5V-Super-Loud-Buzzer-Tracker-Over-100dB-w-or-Battery-and-LED-Self-power-for-RC-Drone-FPV-Racing-p-1329066.html

Hey kermit did those eagles finally take the Tundra and eat it so there is nothing left to find

YES MR MOOSE  IGNORE WHAT IS BEING SAID ON THE POST  TWO EAGLES SWOOPED DOWN AND BOTH WERE RIPPING GRASS HOPPER APART   I TRIED MY BEST TO OUT OUTMANEUVER THE BEASTS BUT  THEY TOOK WHAT WAS LEFT AWAY PROBABLY TO EAT IT  WE WILL HAVE A LOOK FOR THE NEST  TODAY AND REMOVE THE FUTURE THREAT   THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN  KERMIT LA EAGLE HUNTER

WEATHER PERMITTING 10.30 AT THE GATE  for a drone search of the M.I.A GRASS HOPPER A SNAG AFTER SEARCH IS ON ME   I thank every one for today’s search  it was a good one if after the drone search  she isn’t found  a memorial service will be held next fly day SUITS ONLY ……. THANK YOU   KERMIT LA FROG

If you are interested in the search please respond to this page

I’m sure the Grasshopper will turn up.

Not sure if Ill make it tomorrow, have a repair job at my daughters first thing.

Don’t forget to message Greg.

I will see you at 10.30 with drone.

atta boy

Sorry can’t assist in todays S&R got video stuff to do for a client and not had time to get to doing my flying video hopefully Friday will see that done, good luck with the search

THANKS ANYWAY  BA at least we wont have to look for you to

Hi Kermit

Sorry I got too many appointments today. Good luck with finding it.

Mike

I will review that video file later today.

GENTLEMEN  and BAD ANGEL  IT is with great sorrow that I inform you all  grass hopper is lost to the great sky god .   After a 3 hour aerial and land search  No trace of that fine flying machine could be found so I fear that the great beasts of the sky  (the eagles )  has taken her home to their nest and devoured her  (Predators video should confirm  the attack )  I will be speaking to our leader about not allowing children at the field at this time until the beasts are eliminated.  A MEMORIAL SERVICE will take place at the field next fly day to pay respect to that great flying grasshopper   KERMIT LA FROG

A special thank you to UNCLE G for your effort today…… ta cobber

Oh dear, well that is a bit of bad luck, probably parked up somewhere with a couple of C17’s & Flight MH370

the new Microsoft flight Simulator 2020 is nice. No crash damage to reglue. But Tasman bridge looks like a dam so cant fly under it.

HOPPY……… how can you talk about a flight simulator at time like this

SPECIAL VIDEO NOTICE  ;   AS of today the video jury has decided   NO  VIDEO CREDIT  will be  given out owing to the special circumstances  resulting from Wednesdays incident at the field   as usual any complaints will be subject to the trash BIN  

SORRY TYPO ERROR  : video board

You may want to wait a bit longer, there could be a late entry?

I know the crazy frog would never vote for himself so I would l like to nominate his latest Towedhall Productions as video of the week. Has music and a lot of effort to remove the out of focus shots. The 24 hour timeframe to submit or request an extension is expired.

WHAT…. I’m about to post my stuff well bugger me…oh no not bugger me, just bugger !

Here is my late entry, I reckon Kermit will allow this one!

DUE TO AN OUTSTANDING EFFORT AT FINDING GRASS HOPPER UNCLE G   GETS AN AWARD FOR THE MOST COMPELLING VIDEO TO WATCH  The surprise on my face should have been recorded  like wow how you spotted that i dun know  brilliant

So Thunderbird 13 & International Rescue saves the day yet again.

Well done Uncle G (Thunderbird 13 pilot extraordinaire).

The big screen viewing makes a world of difference but even then hard to spot so great job.

Tree looks a bit tall for the Rescue pole though. Guess the frog will need to wait for a windy night. Only took 3 weeks for the old Bixler 2 to dislodge itself so dont despair Kermit, good things come to those who wait.

Sounds like you have plenty of willing helpers so I will do other things (like repair the Pitts landing gear).

Well done on finding it. I’m sure I walked under that spot twice. And as your video is taken today it’s still elligible.  Kermit can you tie a line to your phantom and flies that over the Branch then pull up a bigger rope to then bring down the plane? I’m free tomorrow morning if you want to try then? Else the wind due on Saturday may blow it down.

tomorrow will be the day for a try  how about 10.30 UNCLE G is in

Happy Best Day Ever GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Another view of the Tundra resting in the trees

I can assist remember the pole is at the field can put it on my canopy  10.30 @ The Gate

That’s good, you can climb the tree!

Ok c u there.

My stuff…

Yet another quality video production BA, just a pity you missed the deadline.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.