Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Many thanks to the volunteers who helped clear weed from our favourite pond today.

Big shout out to Tony, Pete, Kermit, Gerald and John (Tony’s brother).

After a couple of hours casting and pulling chains we managed to make a dent in the weed beds, the extent of which is yet to be fully known.

By dragging the heavy links along the bottom of the pond we managed to drag/rip or otherwise remove around 85% of the growth. What was left mostly appeared to be floating masses that we hope will find their way to shore, with a little wind assistance.

We’ll check it of course on Tuesday and make an assessment of what, if any further work needs doing. Thanks again guys we made a good team.

Cheers

Col

Yes, thanks to all those on the working bee, sorry I couldn’t assist but unfortunately I’m still a “walking wounded”. Hopefully will make it to sailing on Tuesday.

Take care of yourself Mike, we look forward to seeing you soon.

WE WHO ARE NOT WOUNDED  will be at the canal  sailing  “what ever ” on Saturday and as usual will be having a party at the end of the canal with cream cakes  sausages hamburgers  booooze  an the occasional perve  as the chickie babes run past  and we have a special guest  moooose    will honour us with his presence its always a pleasure to watch him and Ron try to catch the chicki babes   AS THEY GO INTO TOP SPEED PAST OUR LOT

Well you may have had all those non dietary produces to eat @ the BBQ lunch but we got fish.

This was our collection of size fish @ lunch time ( biggest 450mm – smallest 325mm). Ended up with 18 total by knockoff time of 14:00.

Awesome effort there Mike!!

YOU CALL THEM BIG FISH   I throw that size back….. My flat head fish hooks are bigger than any of those tiddlers ….the ones down here require a marlin rod  to land em   Sorry cobber but those  wee tiddlers wouldn’t even make bait for my hooks     but keep trying one day you might get lucky

But we have pics to prove it, you know the rules – no pics then it never happened.

Had half of them for tea tonight, in my custom beer batter – yummo.

TO BE FAIR COBBER    I have seen white bait bigger than that lot   the batter would be the biggest part of em  I can see I will have to introduce you   to real flat head fishing where a flatie under a mtr is thrown back as to small

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.