RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2022 What a Day for Flying

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

Perfect conditions at the field today with a light easterly and clear skies and temperatures in the twenties.

Whoever picked the day did a great job?

As usual Kermit looked after us with no fees or donations and as always did a great job on the “Roadkill” barbecue.

He even mowed a runway for us to use.

And to top it off he managed one flight with his Bixler without crashing.

Here is my short video,

Yes, perfect weather today. Good choice of day.

Just one short sad video from me:

Proof of a perfect days flying. And long grass take offs are yet to be perfected by the Top Gun Training School.

Strip competition to be continued at next flight school ūüŹę

The things some people do to so they are “forced” to consume more beer. A sad moment for all lovers of the Bluey ūüėě

IM GUNNA HELP OL GADGET¬† build another spitfire……………..¬† ¬†guess how¬† ¬† just say’n

Gee Ron, I have never seen your Beer Box Spitfire fly so poorly. It has always flown like it was on rails. Just what was your problem ?

Hi Mike, the tail of the spitfire was a bit flimsy and past it’s use by date maybe.

Something wasn’t quite right with it when it got in the air and was quite uncontrolable.

All good though, I didn’t expect it to last very long. It was great to build and fly.

Journey starts with more beer now.

Looks like you are a bit out of practice there with your takeoffs Mr Frog, and the motor sounded like it had only 2 connections rather than 3, could be why your ESC erupted.

Looks like you need your old mate Predator down there watching your back eh !!

Yes Mike, he missed his technical support!

Looks like Mr Frog is running a bit late again with his this weeks entry for the GMA’s so I will set the voting to start at midday today. As all the recent votes have been registered within the first 24 hours I will set the voting period to 24 hours rather than 48 and see how that goes.

Can always change it back if it creates problems.

yeah¬† have a go ol sinker mate¬† ¬†a wee bit of a problem the fun cub had its tail¬† servo in reverse an then a tad of a burning ESC¬† an then the Bixler¬† well that was my fault sort a¬† ¬†when I went to fly it THE SECOND time¬† I had the wrong plane profile¬† *UGGAR well …….. another day an I did miss the ol pred¬† ¬† ¬†NOT really¬† because I got to cut three sausages on the BBQ¬† all by myself¬† WE DID MISS OUR PRESIDENT¬† ¬†where were you¬† oh mighty one

sorry fokes I have been trying to get this filamin video to work on utube but its not fair to delay the comp so go ahead an vote as I will keep trying but I think I have exhausted every thing   BUGGAR

Kermit, check your video edit settings, they should be (MP4 1920 x 1080 @ 25fps) for normal HD video

Just disqualify him, we can’t wait forever!

Well then, even without sound it at least has content. Gets my vote.

Looks like a fun day was had by all. The beautifully manicured runway was a bit of a waisted effort though as no one managed to stay on it, taking off or landing. Easier to just use the road.

I see out illustrious President Ian was a No Show again. Becoming a bit of a habit methinks.

You captured the day’s events well Kermit.¬† No sound is good cause you can’t hear all the swearing!!

no sound  but its on  here  still trying to get it to work

Wow, silent movie, what’s next – Black & White

A¬† black an white silent movie emmmm¬† with a bit of shake a few frames burred a bit of grain tossed in¬† Nar already done The sinker did it a long time ago ….¬† didnt work¬† ¬†AN HE’S still doing it¬† but now with colour

Looks like the Frog has done it again, set a new standard for all to attain to in the Silent Movie industry!!

Well done yet again Kermit.

Well done Mr Kermit

Congratulations to my best buddy Kermit.

I thank the honourable sinker and the other four¬† for your votes soo now I propose to not¬† contest¬† the next two fly ins with that said lets make a rule anyone winning two golden moose awards in succession¬† restrains for two more fly ins with their video¬† My reasonings is that I spend a lot of time videoing¬† so others can enjoy¬† our fun¬† there fore I do get film of prangs¬† when others are flying an that’s not fair its the way Im gunna go¬† ¬†SO TA YA ALL

Another graduate from Kermit’s famous “Top Gun Flying School”

And for Stephen, if a real one can do this?

Looking forward to our next flying day where Kermit promised to give a demo on how it’s done!

Looks like I have a lot to learn to get mine to fly as good as that one.

Love the low level maniac flying – how do they manage that?

Don’t worry Kermit going to show us.

YES I¬† WILL¬† INDEED SHOW YOU HOW ITS DONE DEAR BOY¬† ………..BRING ALONG NEXT TIME YOUR¬† DECATHLON¬† IT HAS TO BE SHOWN USING YOUR AIRCRAFT¬† ….OK ūüĎć

We got clobbered by a huge storm last week which caused damage to marina structure and I got a small hole in one of my hulls but 6 inches above waterline so ok. Hole and marina now fixed and weather is good now with hopefully no more bad weather till June. Here is brief drone footage today from a friends house:

Looks calm and pleasant now. Is that your mansion on the hill? Looks like a great place for retirement ūüėĀ and drone flying ūüĎć

“Are we ever going to see your face again” … at the field?

HO HO HO DEAR¬† BOY¬† THATS not HIS house that’s his gardener’s

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Well of course! How foolish of me, it’s obvious now you point out my misinterpretation of the order of life ūüߨūüôŹ</p>

Stephen¬† ¬†the only reason HOPPY¬† left¬† was for the life style of the rich an famous to which he was accustomed to before coming to Tasmania hence his return to the Philippine’s¬† Sailing the waters in his 50 ft catamaran¬† ¬†putting into any port to stay in one of his numerous homes scattered about the islands¬† ¬†yes dear Steve¬† we all can say we have rubbed shoulders with Mr Hoppy but only a few has his autograph …………you can look at me if you want

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.